KOTA KINABALU: The skipper and a crewman of the catamaran reported missing with 28 China tourists on the first day of Chinese New Year have been found safe.
Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) deputy director for Sabah and Labuan Kapt Maritim Rahim Ramli said the two were found in waters between Pulau Tiga and the Samarang offshore petroleum platform.
He said they were found at about 2pm Sunday.
The search is ongoing for the 28 China tourists and another crew member of the boat.
Kapt Maritim Rahim said MMEA was notified by the company which owned the catamaran that the skipper and the crewman had been found.
The boat, which set off from Tanjung Aru at 9am on Saturday, on its 56km journey to Pulau Mengalum, was reported missing at about 9.50pm by its owner.
Pulau Tiga is about 53km away from Pulau Mengalum, and 50km from Tanjung Aru jetty.