The Nation Online has compiled the things we need to know as the country is moving closer to the Royal Cremation of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej on October 26.
Latest: Police will prepare six helicopters to take mourners to the hospital if they need urgent medical treatment while travelling to or attending the Royal Cremation later this month, a police spokesman said on October 18.
Thai Airways and Thai Smile Airways will increase their round trip daily flights during the Royal Cremation of His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
BUSINESS TO CLOSE ON OCTOBER 26
Central Group Department stores and shopping malls will close at 3pm on October 26, but Central World and Central Plaza's Rama II branch will remain open. Service to resume on the following day.
THE MALL GROUP
Its shopping centres in Ramkamhaeng, Tha Phra, Ngamwongwan, Bangkae, Bangkapi and Nakhon Ratchasima to close at 3pm on October 26. The Emporium, The Emquartier and Siam Paragon will remain open.
Mega Bangna will close at 3pm on October 26 and resume the service on the following day.
Tesco Lotus hypermarkets and Tesco Lotus Express will close on October 26 at 2pm. Both will resume service the following day, with the latter at 6am.
CP Fresh Mart stores will close at 2pm.
True Shop stores, except for outlets at airports, will close at 3pm.
The group's 7-Eleven convenience stores throughout the Kingdom will be closed from 2.30pm until midnight.
Makro cash-and-carry wholesale stores will close at 3pm and reopen on October 27.
MAJOR CINEPLEX GROUP
Its cinemas will close on October 26 and screenings will resume the following day.
SIAM PARK CITY
It will close on October 26 and resume the following day.
Index Living Mall will close all 28 branches of the home centres and two branches of Index Furniture Centre on October 26.
Isetan Department Store will close the whole day while Robinson is scheduled to close at 3pm.
IMPACT EXHIBITION MANAGEMENT
Impact Muang Thong Thani centre will provide free bus service in co-operation with BMTA from October 23 to 31.
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
The Grand Palace and The Temple of the Emerald Buddha will be closed to the public from until October 29 and re-open on October 30.
BUSES AND TRANSPORTATION
1. Five locations where BMTA will take mourners to closest locations to Sanam Luang
- Aroon Amarin Intersection: Buses 42, 68, 80, 91, 203, 516 and 556. Shuttle buses then will leave from the new Southern Bus Terminal, Central West Gate, Central Salaya and Buddha Mondhon 4 road.
- Merry King (Wang Burapha) Intersection : Buses 1, 25, 47, 53, 82 and 508. Shuttle buses will leave from Ekkamai Bus Terminal, Hua Lamphong, Wong Wien Yai and Central Rama 2.
- Wisutthi Kasat Intersection: Buses 3, 12, 32, 79 and 509. Shuttle buses will leave from Morchit Bus Terminal and Nang Lerng Royal Turf Club.
- Nang Lerng Royal Turf Club: Buses 2, 59, 60, 70, and 503. Shuttle buses will leave from Future Park Rangsit, Don Mueang, Mueang Thong Thani, Police Club, Government Complex in Chaeng Wattana and Victory Monument.
- Ban Manang Khasila: Buses 5 and 511. Shuttle buses will leave from Suvarnabhumi Airport, Mega Bang Na-IKEA, BITEC, and Airport Rail Link's Makkasan station.
Those wishing to ride the free shuttle buses need to provide identification cards and be dressed in mourning clothes.
2. Advanced Info Service has arranged for more than 300 motorcycles for free transport to bring mourners to Sanam Luang from 5am to 8pm.
3. The BTS skytrain and MRT subway will be free all day on October 26. For skytrain, free rides will be available on October 25 and 27 only on the extensions from On Nut to Samrong, and Wongwian Yai to Bang Wa.
4. Free rides on the Airport Rail Link will be available from October 25-27. The free service on October 26 will be until 2pm of the following day.
5. The BRT bus service from Sathon to Ratchapreuk stations will be free from October 25-27.
6. The MRT Blue Line and Purple Line will offer free rides on October 26 and extend the service until 2am of the following day. For October 25 and 27, only the MRT Purple Line will be free.
7. The Chao Phraya Express boats and Saen Saeb canal boats will be free on October 26.
8. There will be free shuttle boat services from 9am to 4pm on October 25 and 26, and on October 27 from 10am to 3pm. The boat service will go from the Commerce Ministry pier, the Nonthaburi pier and the Rama VIII Bridge pier, and from Sathorn pier and Tha Pimarn pier.
9. Mega Bangna's shuttle bus to and from Udomsuk BTS will keep running and free parking for the public will be available from 6am on October 26 until 3am. Free buses to Sanam Luang are available from the Mega Terminal (nearby Big C Extra), from October 23-31 from 6am to midnight.