Start your love life right in 2015 - don't commit any of these blunders!
1. Telling your buff date you're into eating clean and ordering a salad, even though you really wanted chicken rice. Why start a relationship on white (rice) lies?
2. Saving his number in your phone as "Raffles Place Bar Guy". You know he'll see it one day.
3. Stifling that guffaw for a girlie giggle. Let it rip! Joy is infectious - and hot.
4. Sitting through an entire cringeworthy date because you feel bad for him. Save your pity (and time) for legitimate charitable causes!
5. Telling him you're just like "one of the guys"... when you don't know a thing about gaming, football or national service.
6. Uploading a wefie of the two of you to, oh, every social network and tagging it #firstdate #sparks #dating #romance. Play it cool, girlfriend. Play it cool.
7. Scrolling through his Facebook timeline and liking something funny... from 2006.
8. Trying to impress him by ordering a macho-sounding drink instead of your usual cocktail - even if it had the taste profile of surgical alcohol.
9. Instagramming every dish that arrives at the table and asking your famished date if Valencia or Rise is a better filter.
10. Gushing about your celebrity man crushes, Bradley Cooper, Kim Soo Hyun and Alfred Enoch - guys do have self-esteem issues too, you know.
This article first appeared in the Jan 2015 issue of Her World.
Her World, Singapore's #1 women's magazine, is now available in both print and digital formats. Log on to www.herworldplus.com to subscribe!