What you see online isn't always what you get, as these unfortunate online shoppers realised.
According to a gallery on Acidcow.com, some buyers got less than what they bargained for when clothes they received looked nothing like the pictures on display, or worse, were completely different from what they had ordered.
Here are some tips for safe online shopping according to PC world and Stay Smart Online:
1. Use a trusted site rather than shopping with a search engine
2. Look for reviews on the products from other customers and the buying experience
3. Look for the tiny padlock icon on the address bar to ensure the site is secure
4. Never give out your credit card number over email
5. Use common sense: If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is
6. Read all the fine print, including refund and complaint handling policies
7. Know who you are dealing with and what you are buying, in detail
Check out the gallery for reasons why you should shop online with caution.