SINGAPORE - Her World Young Woman Achiever Forum (YWAF) 2016, co-organised by Her World, Singapore's No. 1 women's magazine, and its award-winning online women's portal herworldPLUS, will be held at The Projector on march 19.
The third annual event, targeted at women aged 18 to 35, aims to inspire them to reach their career aspirations while providing valuable networking opportunities.
YWAF 2016 explores an issue that is close to many ambitious, go-getting working women's hearts: "What does it mean for a woman to have it all?".
Tracy Lee, Editor of Her World, said: "A woman's definition of success and work-life balance shifts over time, depending on what life stage she's in, and what point she's at in her career. The era she grew up in - is she a Gen-Xer or a Millennial? - shapes her values, her idea of where she stands in relation to her peers and her predecessors, and therefore, her perception of working life, with all its opportunities, challenges, and rewards."
For the first time, YWAF will be presented across two sessions to reflect the diversity of women's career options:
· The first panel session focuses on women leaders in the corporate world - how do they thrive in an increasingly complex workplace? How do they get to the top and stay there? What keeps them motivated?
· The second panel session explores women and entrepreneurship - What does it take to get a business off the ground and grow it over time? What are some of the obstacles business owners face, and how are they best overcome?
Nicole Bruce, Editor of herworldPLUS, said: "Would she prefer to climb the corporate ladder, be her own boss, start something really big, keep it small and simple, or even be part of the freelance economy? How do these choices affect her materially, socially and even psychologically?"
The panel of YWAF comprises outstanding women in their respective corporate fields.
· SAC Zuraidah Abdullah, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police, Singapore Police Force and recipient of the Her World Woman of the Year 2015 award
· Dr Yeo Sze Ling, Research Scientist, A*Star Institute for Infocomm Research and recipient of the Her World Young Woman Achiever 2013 award
· Simrat Sawhney, Head, Client Partnerships, SEA, Facebook
· Lim Ke Xin, Senior Tax Manager, PwC
· Rachel Lim, Co-founder, Love, Bonito
· Tjin Lee, Managing Director and Founder, Mercury Group of Companies
· Cheryl Ou, Founder, Nail Social
The Her World Young Woman Achiever Forum 2016 will be held on 19 March (Saturday), 2 to 4.30 pm, at The Projector (6001 Beach Road, Golden Mile Tower, #05-00).
Open to attendees aged between 18 and 35, tickets are priced at $15 per person or $20 for two. To register, go to http://campaign.herworldplus.com/ywaf