It's the year of the Rooster, and for those of us that enjoy a little feng shui, fortune telling, or superstition, we've got a list of colours that are said to bring each of you good luck this year.
So if you want to get a head start by wearing these colours on your face (or nails) this Chinese New Year, have a click through our gallery of makup recommendations for each zodiac animal to find out which colour is yours!
If you're anything like me, you love a reliable neutral look.
Embrace your lucky colour by trying out new shades, wearing it on your lips and nails, and even on your lashes instead of the usual boring black!
And don't forget, you can always warm up your skin with a light dusting of bronzer.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Smog, $32
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown, $32
- Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color Pencil in Chocolate, $37
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 80 Ecorces
- Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Milk Chocolate, $42
- Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Color in 505 Particuliere
- Tarte Lippie Lingerie Matte Tint in Revealed, $34
You don't have to be super fair to wear white on your face.
Go bold with stark white eyes, or keep things chic with a white eyeliner in your lower waterline.
You can even get your nails involved, though white nail polish always reminds me of being young, bored, and in possession of correction fluid.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Big Eyes, $36
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Eye Jewels Glitter Liner in silver, $37
- Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck, $32
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Bobby Dazzle (metallized), $29
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl, $58
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Spring 2017 La Laque Couture in Blanc Arty, $40
A rather fitting colour for a Tiger, it's not that hard to wear orange makeup.
You can tone things down with more muted corals, go deep with burnt pumpkin tones, or keep things bright and cheery with monochrome lips and cheeks.
- Laneige Pure Radiant Shadow in Tangled Tangerine, $40
- Moonshot Cream Paint in Corni Juice 7, $33
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Coral, $33
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in Corail Affranchi, $55
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Freedom of Peach, $16
- Nars Blush in Taj Mahal, $50
Green is always a fun colour to play with.
Deep jewel-toned greens are gorgeous for a night out, and bright neons are playful enough for the day.
Try some green mascara, or a stunning eyeliner to make your eyes really pop.
Green is also especially flattering on deep brown eyes.
- Too Faced Totally Cute Sticker Eye Shadow Collection, $53
- Urban Decay Liquid Moondust Eyeshadow in Zodiac, $38
- Nyx Color Mascara in Mint Julep, $15
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad in Sage, $42
- Nails Inc NailKale Nail Polish in Royal Crescent Gardens, $34
- Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner in Street, $35
Snake or Goat or Dog: Red
It's hard to go wrong with red, especially when you can just slap on a red lip and call it a day.
But if you want to take things a step further, experiment with a hint of red on your eyes and cheeks!
You can always head in a more burgundy direction if you're afraid of looking like you have sore eyes.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Twinkle Pop Eye stick in Leila, $39
- Urban Decay Revolution High Color Lipgloss in 69, $33
- Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo, $13
- Butter London Trend Lacquer in Saucy Jack, $24
- Nars Blush in Exhibit, $50
- 3CE One Color Shadow Shimmer in Saturn, $15
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 268 Candeur et Experience, $90
Rat or Rabbit or Monkey: Blue
Blue can be tough to pull off and many tend to avoid it, but it really does look flattering on Asian skin tones. Mix some blue into your more neutral eye makeup look, go all out on the eyelids, or keep things super subtle with some coloured mascara. It's up to you!
- Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, $76
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Heroine (comfort matte), $29
- Nars Fall 2016 Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Arcturus, $45
- Sephora Collection Colorful Shadow and Liner in My Boyfriend's Jeans, $19
- Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Lengthening Mascara in blue, $42
- Shu Uemura Lasting Soft Gel Pencil in Navy Black, $37
- Deborah Lippmann Lady Sings the Blues, $33
Dragon or Horse: Gold/Yellow
While gold is more for dragons and yellow for horses, the line between both colours blurs a fair bit when it comes to makeup.
Like orange, golds and yellows are not too unusual in the beauty world and very wearable.
Try some glitzy gold mascara, shimmery gold lips, or even just throw on a sunny yellow eyeshadow.
- Butter London ElectraLash Colour Amplifying Mascara in Starlight, $24
- Nyx Vivid Brights Eyeliner in Halo, $14
- L'Oreal Color Riche 24K Gold Star Collection Le Gold lipstick, $21.90
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eye Shadow in Sunglasses Needed, $17
- Burberry Beauty Festive Shimmer Dust, $40
- Zoeva Blanc Fusion Palette, $38
Go to herworldPLUS for more stories.