Year-end bashes are on the horizon. Urban highlights three key party-worthy pieces and shows you how to get the most mileage out of each item.
KEY PICK 1: THE GOLD SKIRT
$270, from Kate Spade Saturday at B1-27 Ion Orchard
Why: This pleated metallic midi skirt is ready to groove, but its elegant silhouette and length keep it classy.
Style tip: Pair the gold skirt with neutral basics to tone it down for work. A navy collared top, black pumps and cognac-coloured tote are all classics which go well with the statement skirt. An architectural cuff with a single pearl adds a modern finishing touch.
1. Navy top $225, from Cos at 03-23 Ion Orchard
2. Bracelet $272, from Faux/Real at www.nanaandbird.com
3. Cognac tote $389, from Sandqvist at Kapok at National Design Centre
4. Black pumps at 1 Orchard Building, available from next month
Style tip: A grey sweater immediately makes the glam skirt more cosy-looking. Purple mid-height heels and a quirky blue clutch add colourful points of interest. The swallow studs are interesting accents which subtly reflect the gold of the skirt.
1. Grey sweater $39, from Uniqlo at 03-27 313@somerset
2. Ear studs $180, from Alex Monroe at www.daughterthestore. com
3. Quirky clutch $580, from Matter Matters at www.nanaandbird.com
4. Purple heels $79, from Pedro at B1-32 Wisma Atria
FOR A NIGHT OUT
Style tip: A white lace top tucked into the pleated skirt lets the gold colour shine. The red pointy-toe heels add a great pop of colour, while the bronze box clutch and sparkly drop earrings further enhance the fun, party-worthy magpie effect.
1. Lace top $250, from Iris & Ink at www.theoutnet.com
2. Sparkly earrings $228, from Anton Heunis at www.pinwheeljewels.com
3. Bronze clutch $580, from See by Chloe at Robinsons The Heeren
4. Red heels $133, from Topshop at www.topshop.com