SINGAPORE - Local fashion blogger Valerie Wang has been selected by online shopping platform Qoo10 for the launch of its editorial campaign in March.
The two-part series features 10 outfits from Taiwanese apparel labels MAYUKI and KODZ.
Wang has previously worked with major brands like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Silky Girl and Yves Rocher.
"It was great collaborating with Valerie because she is such a talented stylist and model, with a large Instagram fan base. Through the editorial campaign, we want to communicate that you can look chic without spending a lot of money on clothes," said Mr James Lin, senior public relations executive for Qoo10 Singapore.
The campaign is featured on QStyle, the e-magazine app by Qoo10. The first of the series was published on March 6, with the second to follow on March 13.
Qoo10 caught up with Wang, who has a Fine Arts degree from LASALLE College of the Arts, over coffee to find out what makes her tick.
10 questions with Valerie Wang
1. How long have you been blogging? Why did you decide to start the blog?
I started this blog since my secondary school days purely for leisure and keepsake of memories. It is only in recent years that I started receiving sponsorships and am blessed enough to be able to work with brands from different genres. The decision to blog on a regular basis is part leisure, part business.
2. Any tips for the perfect Outfit Of The Day (OOTD)? What are your make-up essentials and regimen?
There are no perfect OOTD tips. In my opinion, different individuals have their own unique personality and style, there shouldn't be a standard formula to pursue. My make-up essentials varies on the occasion and my mood. But one thing I will never ever leave my house without is my sunblock and brows drawn.
3. Your pictures have a Korean-inspired feel. What do you like about Korean fashion/culture?
Korean fashion does not emphasise on branded goods. Fashion to me is about comfort and you do not have to wear branded goods to be fashionable.
4. Where do you usually shop? What are your favourite fashion and beauty brands?
I shop at Topshop and ASOS most often. I do not have a standard beauty brand to go for because I like to try out different brands.
5. Describe your usual get-up.
T-shirt, jeans and flipflops!
6. How would you describe your pictures? Where do you find inspiration for them?
My pictures are events and stuff that are related to my life. I find inspiration everywhere, online and offline.
7. Pants or skirts. Which would you choose and how would you pair it?
Pants FTW (for the win)! T-shirt of course!
8. Any future plans, such as designing your own label?
I'm currently in the process of launching my handcrafted bag brand @storeunda - it should be meeting the crowd sometime in April 2015.
9. From your Instagram page, we can see you're an avid traveller. Which are your favourite cities to visit?
Who does not love travelling? I crave to explore any city and island but I particularly love beaches.
10. What's your New Year Resolution for 2015?
To provide greater and richer content on my social media platforms and perhaps touch a little more on travelling and arts. To grow my bag brand and hopefully have more opportunities for exhibiting my art works.
For more on the campaign, go to http://www.qoo10.sg/vw.