Liberty of London, the fashion world's go-to textile purveyor of floral prints, has teamed up with Weekend by Max Mara for a spring/summer 2015 capsule collection.
Consisting of dresses, pants, shirts and sneakers in two patterns and three colours, the collaboration makes use of the signature micro floral prints in Liberty's archives.
The collection, which retails for $469 for a shirt to $789 for a dress, is available here exclusively at the Weekend by Max Mara store at Takashimaya Department Store, Level 3.
Tips on taking good pictures
1. Find your best angle by taking pictures of both profiles and see which looks more flattering.
2. Always take pictures with the chin down and from the top-down angle. If you take pictures from below the chin level, you may appear to have a double chin even if you do not have one.
3. If you are shooting someone's portrait picture, never take a picture of the face close-up with a wide-angled lens camera, such as a DLSR, as that will only make the face look wider than it really is.
4. If you have only a wide-angled lens camera on hand, use the zoom function to take a tighter shot of the face.
5. Phone cameras generally do not make the face look bigger, so you can use them to take close-ups.
6. Play with light and shadow. For example, stand by a window lit by a high sun for a shot to accentuate curves and abs. And if you take a snap while facing a well-lit window (best if it is frosted), you get a nice softness to the picture that will make you look better than any filter function.
This article was first published on Feb 6, 2015.
Get a copy of Urban, The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.