Australia says additional search area for MH370 may take up to a year

Australia says additional search area for MH370 may take up to a year
Family members of those onboard flight MH370 gathered in Publika, Kuala Lumpur to mark the one year anniversary of the disappearance of the flight.

SYDNEY - Government ministers from Australia, China and Malaysia on Thursday said that they would extend the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 by an additional 60,000 sq miles if the wreckage is not found in the current search area.

The extended search for the jetliner, which disappeared without a trace last year but is believed to have crashed in the Indian Ocean off Australia's west coast, could take up to a year, officials said at a meeting in Kuala Lumpur.

More details to come.

More about

MH370 Search
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.