DONETSK - Malaysia's three-man MH17 investigation team has left the crash site after three days of visits here.
Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) spokesman Michael Bociurkiw said that the team, which arrived on Tuesday, left Thursday evening.
"I believe the Malaysians have finished for now and they'll be heading back to Kiev," he told reporters here.
When asked if Malaysian authorities would send in more investigators, Bociurkiw said he was not informed if they would.
He added, however, that the three-man team was "very pleased" with the amount of ground covered and felt protected while on these visits.
The Malaysian team, he said, took an interest in fuselage they found on Wednesday that seemed to have holes caused by possible shrapnel that were not seen in other wreckage.
Thursday's visit also saw the monitors spotting a set of human remains, with Bociurkiw adding that another set had been seen on Wednesday.
They also found a large piece of the plane in a wooded area with its windows still intact, along with "plenty" of personal belongings spotted nearby.
Thursday also saw the OSCE team joined by a three-man team from Australia staffed by two diplomats and one forensic expert.
Bociurkiw added that the Australians would be joined by two or three of their colleagues.
On July 17, Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, which was enroute to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam, crashed in Ukraine. All 298 people on board, including 15 crewmen, were killed.