SEPANG - The decision of whether the international investigation team should re-enter the MH17 crash site will be made by Netherlands and Australia, said Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
"We will leave it to the two countries to decide whether it is worth the risk because they have more of their nationals on the flight," he said at the ceremony to receive the remains of five victims at KL International Airport, Friday.
The Defence Minister said that there were only two more Malaysian victims left to be identified and their next of kin had been informed of the latest developments.
The two victims who are yet to be identified are Siti Amirah Parawira, the 83-year-old step-grandmother of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, and Shaliza Zaini Dewa, 45.
MH17 crashed while enroute to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam on July 17, killing all 298 people on board, including 43 Malaysians.
The aircraft was believed to have been shot down over Ukraine, some 50km from the Russian border.