BERLIN - Firefighters revived a cat found unconscious at the scene of an apartment blaze in Berlin using a tiny oxygen mask made for a child, authorities said Tuesday.
A rescue team sent to a fire Monday at a home in the western Moabit district of the German capital found the stricken animal, which had apparently suffered from smoke inhalation.
"The fire brigade put out the smouldering blaze in the sitting room of the flat, where there were two cats and a rabbit," police said in a statement.
They carried the pets out of the apartment and "had to resuscitate one of the cats using a breathing apparatus".
A spokeswoman for the fire service told AFP that the mask used was intended for children but said that no humans had been hurt.
It was not immediately clear what started the fire.