A woman died at a clinic in Sydney, Australia, after receiving breast enhancement surgery from another woman who was not licensed to carry out the procedure.
According to news.com.au, 35-year-old Jean Huang died from cardiac arrest while undergoing the cosmetic treatment performed by Jie Shao, 33. Both women were introduced to each other by mutual friends.
Shao has been described as a 'Chinese tourist' in the report. She allegedly administered Huang with a local anaesthetic and breast fillers on Aug 30.
After the procedure went wrong, Shao tried to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation on her patient.
Paramedics arrived thereafter and were able to revive Huang. However, she died in hospital two days later.
Shao held a Master's degree from a university in the United Kingdom where she specialised in dermatology, but she was not qualified to carry out the procedure in Australia.
She was charged with reckless grievous bodily harm and using poison to endanger life.
Shao had administered an incorrect dose of anaesthetic while performing the procedure, prosecutors alleged in court.
She was refused bail and is due to appear in court again next month, AFP reported.
Before she was taken into custody, Shao had been in Australia for five months.