Vote nearer your home in upcoming election

SINGAPORE - Voters, who have - since January 1 this year - changed the address on their identity card (NRIC), will be able to vote at a polling station nearer to their new address in the upcoming Presidential Election.

The Registration Officer will be transferring their names to the appropriate Registers based on their NRIC address as on July 11. The list of affected voters is available for inspection at the Elections Department (ELD) for two weeks from today, before the changes are officially effected.

Affected voters may also check the Registers via the online eServices at the ELD website ( They can also check the Registers by visiting any community centres or community clubs with their NRIC or passport for authentication of identity.

In a press statement issued earlier today, ELD reminded non-voters who failed to vote in the 2011 General Election or an earlier election to apply for the restoration of their names to the Registers of Electors early so they could vote at the upcoming Presidential Election.

Under the law, restoration of names to the Registers of Electors will be suspended once the Writ of Election is issued.

You can apply for restoration online via the ELD website using your SingPass.

You can also submit your completed application form by post, fax (63362006) or by hand to the Registration Officer, Elections Department at 11 Prinsep Link, Singapore 187949.

The hardcopy form can be obtained from the ELD or any community centre or community club during business hours, or downloaded from the ELD website.

Registration as overseas electors

Overseas Singaporeans whose names are in the Registers of Electors may apply to be registered as an overseas elector to vote at one of the nine overseas polling stations if they have been back in Singapore for a total of at least 30 days during the three-year period immediately before January 1.

You may register either online or by submitting your completed form - like those who are applying for the restoration of their names to the Registers. Likewise, you cannot register once the Writ of Election is issued.