S'porean on the run after killing wife's lover in Bangkok

A Singaporean man who murdered his Thai wife's lover in Bangkok on Thursday afternoon is currently on the run and wanted by police in Thailand.

The stabbing took place in a unit on the sixth floor of the Regent Home Condominium located in the Chatuchak area, reports said. The man had reportedly purchased the unit for his wife.

The murderer, identified as 38-year-old Hsu Wei Hua, was caught on the building's security camera as he fought with and stabbed his wife's lover outside the apartment.

The camera captured images of him eavesdropping outside the apartment door for half an hour before forcing entry into the room by kicking the door in.

Upon entering, he found his 25-year-old wife, Ms Siriwan Yaemsi, in bed with a naked 26-year-old drift-racing driver Ittiphan Kuwakorn, who is also known as Wat Kumho.

Mr Ittiphan is a car drifter familiar with the community in Singapore and Malaysia.

According to the camera footage, both men started fighting outside the apartment. Mr Ittiphan was still naked.

The suspect then re-entered the apartment and emerged with a knife which he used to stab his wife's lover.

The footage also revealed that Mr Ittiphan had staggered back to the apartment unit before dying in the bedroom.

According to Thai media reports, Mr Ittiphan was stabbed in nine places including his chest, heart, back, and right hand.

Ms Siriwan called the police after Mr Kuwakorn died, and upon their arrival, they discovered the Singaporean man's passport at the scene.

The Singaporean allegedly fled the crime scene in a BMW 325i that he had bought for his wife. He had previously also bought her luxury gifts and is believed to have given her an allowance of 70,000 baht ($2,900) every month, The New Paper reported.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, Hsu married Ms Siriwan on Sept 25, 2009. His first marriage was to a Singaporean woman in 1997.

He reportedly owns a plastic moulding factory in Kallang and was a director at another company in the same industry from 1998 to 2001.

According to The New Paper, Hsu registered for a sole proprietorship of Evo Technology, which he cancelled in 2006.

He left behind his passport and Singapore driving licence after stabbing Mr Ittiphan, and has not been seen or heard from since the incident.


1 2