Below is the address by Eddie Teo, Chairman, Public Service Commission, at the Singapore Seminar 2009 in London on 31 Oct.
Click to view relevant parts of his speech
I am very glad to see so many of you here today. When I first discussed this Seminar with the scholar organizers, the question was raised if the topics we chose would attract a large turnout. I was assured that if PSC so directs, no scholar will refuse to attend. Needless to say, I was not at all reassured by that remark. I hope that you are all here because you are keen to participate in this Seminar and not because you have been directed to do so. I look forward very much to hearing your views as much as I do to the opportunity to share my thoughts with you.
1. One Misfit
2. Two emerging trends in scholarship system
3. Arguments for why scholarships are bad
4. Scholarships are good
5. On bond breakers and attrition of public service officers
6.Good management of public service officers is key
7. Less Scholarships & More Bursaries?
8. Good Scholars - Past & Present
9. Young Scholars - Some Cause For Concern