PESHAWAR, Pakistan - The death toll from one of Pakistan's worst bomb attacks, which tore through a crowded market in Peshawar, rose to 118 on Friday with more bodies plucked from the debris, officials said.
Local administration chief Sahibzada Anis put the death toll at 118. It includes 31 women and 24 children, Anis said, adding that seven more bodies had been recovered from the debris since late Thursday.
"There are still 121 people receiving treatment in the hospital and 25 of them are in serious condition," he added.
Police also gave the same death toll.
Some of those admitted to hospital with critical injuries after the car bomb attack in the northwestern city on Wednesday had died, officials said.