HONG KONG, April 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) continued its streak of success at the International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva. This year, in the 47th edition of this event, ASTRI won 21 awards including 4 Gold Medals with Congratulations of the Jury, 7 Gold medals, 9 Silver medals and 1 Bronze medal.
The 4 ASTRI projects winning Gold Medals with Congratulations of the Jury are: Enhanced Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) with International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) Acquisition; Separator Coated with Self Shutdown Layer of High Porosity for Lithium Ion Battery; Compact Spectrometer Having Reflective Wedge Structure; and Medical Image Data Analytics Platform.
ASTRI's accolades are among the awards won by the Hong Kong delegation of around 42 institutions and universities. This is a remarkable feat given that it is only the second time ASTRI has participated in this global event.
Mr Hugh Chow, CEO of ASTRI, said, "ASTRI is honoured and delighted to stand out among many world-class inventors and institutions with 21 prestigious awards. This recognition of ASTRI's innovative endeavours once again demonstrates our R&D expertise and capability. While the city has increasingly embraced innovation and technology development in recent years, ASTRI continues to leverage its technical know-how to develop more applied solutions that benefit the public and the industries."
The awards won by ASTRI are:
Gold Medal with Congratulations of the Jury
1. Enhanced Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) with International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) Acquisition
2. Separator Coated with Self Shutdown Layer of High Porosity for Lithium Ion Battery
3. Compact Spectrometer Having Reflective Wedge Structure
4. Medical Image Data Analytics Platform
5. High accuracy low power time and frequency synchronisation methods for Bluetooth Low Energy wireless communication system
6. Nomadic Mobile Base Station for Emergency Service
7. Three Dimensional Fully Moulded Power Electronics Module for High Power Applications and the Method Thereof
8. Intelligent industry robot: 3D vision & cognition
9. Integrated Bi-sensing Optical Structure for Head Mounted Display
10. Efficient and Robust Human Detection/Tracking Method and System with Video Input
11. Mobile Biometrics Authentication Technology
12. Sampling frequency offset tracking based on decision feedback channel estimation
13. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Network, Security and Positioning
14. Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) System for Road Safety and Smart Mobility Applications
15. 3D Power Device Packages for High Frequency Power Conversion
16. Micro-nano Structured Nano-size Aggregate Encapsulated in Micro-size Conglomerate for Conductivity Electrode
17. Method for Error Correction for a Multicast Message
18. Multi-location Learning Activity State Management for Distance Education
19. Machine Learning Artificial Character Generation
20. Efficient and Accurate Named Entity Recognition Method and System
21. Modified Pseudo-Cylindrical Mapping of Spherical Video Using Linear Interpolation of Empty Areas for Compression of Streamed Images
The International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva is organised annually jointly by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the Swiss Federal Government, the State, and the City of Geneva. It is acknowledged as the most prestigious and coveted event for inventors around the world. This year, around 1,000 new inventions and products have been showcased by more than 800 exhibitors from 40 countries and territories. Well over 31,000 visitors from all five continents made this the single largest innovation expo in the world.
ASTRI was set up by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong's competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research. ASTRI's core R&D competence in various areas is organised under seven Technology Divisions, namely Advanced Digital Systems, Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, Mixed Signal Systems IC, Intelligent Sensing Technology System, Intelligent Software and Systems, and Security and Data Sciences. Our R&D strategic focus covers five areas of applications: Smart City, Financial Technologies, Intelligent Manufacturing, Health Technologies, and Application Specific Integrated Circuits through our mandate as the Hong Kong branch of the Chinese National Engineering Research Centre (CNERC).
Related Links :