SINGAPORE, Jan. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Bank of Thailand's Assistant Governor, Ms Sirithida Panomwan will deliver the opening keynote address at the Seamless Thailand conference on 5 Feb 2018 in Bangkok. PromptPay is one of several initiatives under the Thai government's National E-payment initiative, which began to take shape in December 2015 and launched in October 2017. PromptPay allows registered customers to transfer funds using a mobile phone with only the mobile number or Citizen ID number of the recipient. It can also be used to receive payments from government agencies, for example, social security benefit, retirement payment and tax refund.
With a new national electronic payment with 18 million users already, Thailand's payment sector is poised for growth and an opportune time for Terrapinn to launch its Seamless conference which will bring together some of the leading payments, e-commerce and retail players from Thailand and the region.
Another notable panel discussion led by the Thai Bankers Association on the effect of modernisation of Thailand's digital payments and what this means for the future will feature panellists from The Bank of Thailand and the Ministry of Finance in Thailand.
Leading payments technologies player, BPC Banking Technologies will share their global expertize on contactless payments as well as creating seamless checkout experience. Rajan S. Narayan, Managing Director, BPC Banking Technologies (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd notes: "We are very much pleased to share our experience and capabilities in digital banking, contactless payments and preventing fraud and cybercrime at Seamless Thailand 2018. Building a comprehensive payment ecosystem, incorporating relevant technologies -- contactless payments, instant payments, omni channel -- whatever is needed to serve the customer better totally relies on a strong partnership with the vendor."
Joining our line-up of speakers include:
1. Dr Pisit Puapan, Senior Expert on Macroeconomic Policy, Fiscal Policy Office, Ministry of Finance
2. Buncha Manoonkunchai, Senior Director, Financial Technology Department, Bank of Thailand
3. Yos Kimsawate, Head of Payment Systems Office, Thai Bankers' Association
4. Rajan S Narayan, Senior Vice President, Managing Director Asia Pacific, BPC Banking
Technologies (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
5. Dr Sutapa Amornvivat, Chief Economist and First Executive Vice President, Siam Commercial Bank
6. Martijn Van Keulen, Head of Digital Strategy & Payments, TMB Bank
7. Marie Ramlie, Executive VP of Retail Products, TMB Bank
8. Pipatpong Poshyanonda, Senior Executive Vice President, Kasikorn Bank
9. Shoukat Bizinjo, Senior Joint Director, State Bank Of Pakistan Central Bank
10. Tana Pothikamjorn, Head of Digital Banking, Siam Commercial Bank
11. Abhishant Pant, Founder, Cashless Journey
12. Surangkana Wayuparb, CEO, ETDA (Electronic Transactions Development Agency), Ministry of
Digital Economy and society
13. Dr Rom Hiranpruk, Board Member, Office of Electronics Transaction Commission
14. Sam Tanskul, Managing Director, Krungsri Finnovate
15. Malik Kotadia, Mentor, Finlab
16. Worachat Luxkanalode, Head of Consumer Digital Solution & Payment Strategy, Krunsgri Bank
17. Pun-Arj Chairatana, Director, National Innovation Agency
18. Nicole Nguyen, Head of Marketing, Infinity Blockchain Labs
19. Varun Mittal, ASEAN Fintech Lead, Ernst & Young LLP
20. Sandeep Deobhakta, Head of Retail Banking, V.P. Bank
21. Dwight Willis,CEO, Dollar$martGlobal
22. Steve Landman, CEO, KIU GLOBAL
23. Ella Qiang, Director of partnerships, Stellar Development Foundation
24. Gabriel Francesch, Kotoba Translation
Some of the payments discussion will center around the following topics:
- How machine learning transforms the banking industry
- Contactless payments and the creation of seamless checkout experiences
- Are mobile wallets reaching a tipping point?
- How mobile payments are disrupting banking models across Asia
- Migrant remittances and the informal economy: opportunities and challenges
- Why cash is still king: Factors limiting the growth of e-payments in Thailand
- How banks can help businesses navigate the growing cashless society in Thailand
- Are the days of cash numbered?
- Are we already over the blockchain hype?
- Is there a future for mobile wallets?
- Is customer service important in the digital age?
- How disruptive will the growth of Alipay be in Thailand?
- The importance of trust in the next frontier of mobile payments
- Cyber security: safeguarding against fraudulent activity
- The fintech driven transformation of the digital payment ecosystem
- Creating an innovation culture
- APIs and the future of fintech/financial institution in the payments sector
- Assessing the untapped business opportunities for blockchain in Mekong area
- How will greater regulation impact blockchain in Thailand
Full details of the event can be found on:
The event also showcases an exhibition featuring the latest products and services offered by leading players in this space. Key sponsors at this event include BPC Banking Technologies, DataRobot, Discover Financial Services, Akamai, Emarsys, HPS, Infobip & Oracle, Wirecard, VeritasPay as well as exhibitors.
PRNewswire is the Official News Distribution Partner at Seamless Thailand 2018.
Seamless Thailand 2018
5-6 February 2018
Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, Bangkok, Thailand
Conference commences at 0900 on 5 February 2018. Registration is compulsory for press passes to the event. For press passes or to schedule interviews, please contact:
Terrapinn Pte Ltd
Tel: (65) 6322 2750/ (65) 9862 9210