- Following the integration of GTA and Tourico Holidays with its parent group, Bedsonline unveils significantly enlarged and more competitive product portfolio with platform enhancements.
- Sister brand TravelCube's customers will migrate onto Bedsonline's class-leading booking platform - increasing from 55,000 to 170,000 the number of hotels available to them.
- Launch of new Bedsonline brand identity and website to present new '360 degree' proposition designed to support the growth of travel agent customers worldwide.
- New image and proposition for Bedsonline to be celebrated with customer events.
SYDNEY, Jan. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Bedsonline, the leading global provider of accommodation and complementary travel products exclusively for travel agents, has announced today the launch of a new enhanced offering for its travel agent customers in Australian market to maintain its position as the world's leading platform for travel agents - and additionally announced that its sister brand, TravelCube, will join forces with Bedsonline.
Following the integration of GTA and Tourico Holidays into its parent Group, Bedsonline customers are now able to benefit from an exclusive and significantly enhanced product portfolio of hotels, a significant proportion of which are directly contracted, and a platform specifically designed to drive growth in the highly competitive travel retail space.
After extensive consultation with customers it has therefore been decided that TravelCube, the retail brand of GTA, will progressively rebrand under the Bedsonline name and shift over to the Bedsonline booking platform.
As part of this change a migration plan will begin shortly to speak with the customers of TravelCube about the benefits of moving onto Bedsonline's booking platform - where the inclusion of TravelCube's content will increase from 55,000 to 170,000 the number of hotels available to customers of TravelCube moving onto the Bedsonline platform.
The new enhanced Bedsonline platform now offers travel agents globally the following benefits:
1) Diverse and competitive product portfolio: over 170,000 hotels globally available (with over 90,000 of those directly sourced, making the content both unique and competitively priced), 24,000 transfer routes and 18,000 activities, PLUS 140,000 cars available for hire - all sourced by a team of over 1,000 contractors globally.
2) Powerful and user-friendly technology: best-in-class search engine designed specifically for the needs of travel agents allows users to filter and compare results in a flexible and practical way, including intuitive email and PDF functions - 70% of existing customers cite the platform as a top factor in choosing the service. Bedsonline's parent Group is the only distributor to operate its own cloud-based, open source data centre and handles up to 1.5 billion searches per day.
3) Local knowledge combined with a global offering: local sales teams in every market with significant local knowledge and industry know-how ready to take care of all the needs of customers.
When put together, Bedsonline offers customers a 360 degree travel partner offering that is customer centric and helps partners compete by offering unrivalled technology, the most competitive commercial terms, swift problem resolution and expert team support.
The new revised customer offering will be accompanied by a global brand refresh for Bedsonline that will include a new logo and brand identity, which can be seen in a new set of videos designed to explain its unique proposition: video.
Additionally, Bedsonline sales teams globally will be kicking off a campaign to introduce customers - both existing Bedsonline customers and those moving over from TravelCube - to this newly revised offering, including sales meetings, presentations, webinars and various events held in local markets, details of which will be published soon.
Clients of TravelCube will have sufficient time to transition at their own pace and both workshops and technical support will be on hand to support a seamless migration.
Carlos Muñoz, Managing Director Bedbank at Hotelbeds Group explains: "Once again it gives me great pleasure to reiterate our commitment to supporting our travel agent customers globally as part of our strategy to innovate in the bedbank sector. It makes strategic and practical sense for us to continue to develop our travel agent proposition under one integrated, global platform and brand. This new enhanced and consolidated offering will help all our partners boost revenues and profits by access to a greatly enhanced portfolio, improved functionality and increased chances to upsell high-yielding complementary travel services."
Alistair Rodger, Director of Retail Travel Agents at Hotelbeds Group, comments: "Since starting in this role almost one year ago I've been consulting endlessly with our travel agent customers all around the globe. Time and again the feedback about the Bedsonline platform has been fantastic - due to its superior functionality - and made taking the decision to move the TravelCube customers onto the platform easy. But we're looking to continue to improve the experience still further, beyond the booking platform itself, by establishing a truly 360 degree proposition to fully support the growth of our travel agent partners.
"Already we are speaking with our customers - both existing Bedsonline customers and TravelCube too - in Australia to explain to them how they will benefit from these changes. Shortly we'll be hosting a series of events and workshops to present the new enhanced offering. This follows the expansion of our product portfolio and strengthened position to negotiate the best deals for our customers with the inclusion of TravelCube's 55,000 hotels, taking the total available up to 170,000 - along with all the additional improvements we have made to the Bedsonline platform by cherry-picking the best-of-class functionalities and know-how from TravelCube, such as improved payment options, operational support and loyalty rewards."
Bedsonline is the leading global provider of accommodation and complementary travel products that exclusively caters to travel agents. It distributes through its online platform accommodation, excursions, tickets and transfers to more than 50,000 travel agencies with sales teams in over 40 countries covering over 100 markets globally.
The company stands out for its extensive portfolio - over 170,000 hotels in 185 destinations, 24,000 transfer routes and 18,000 activities - to offer a personalized local service through an intuitive and easy-to-use online booking tool. In this way, Bedsonline guarantees high availability and competitive prices to the great satisfaction of its clients.
The business-to-business online provider has focused its strategy in recent years on the expansion of new markets in Europe, America and Asia, such as Germany, the Czech Republic, Mexico, the United States, Colombia, China, Japan and the Philippines. This strategic vision has led the company to occupy a position of advantage in the industry.
Bedsonline is part of Hotelbeds, the world's leading bedbank, and is headquartered in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.