STRASBOURG, France, Aug. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CMT's 3rd StarchWorld Europe from 9-10 October, 2018 in Strasbourg explores how Europe's starch market is leaning heavily on organic and clean labels as a result of 'healthy eating' trends even as EU braces with low sugar prices and its impact on starch based sweeteners.
Delving into Europe's clean labels and healthier eating trends is brand owner - Nestle Product Technology Centre's Sanyasi Gaddipati, Ingredient Specialist sharing on 'Clean label starches - Why to embrace: Challenges and opportunities for Nestle'.
Sponsored by Larsson, the summit highlights how European sugar producers are struggling with fierce competition, plunging prices and profits, post sugar quotas. Mr. Jamie Fortescue, MD, Starch Europe (Event Supporter) provides an 'Update on Europe's Starch Markets' while Mr. Simon Bentley, Commoditia presents a comparative analysis of 'World Markets for Potato and Tapioca Starch'. Starch Europe, Potato Processors Association UK and KMC will join a Panel Discussion on 'Continuing drought & climate effect on carbohydrate crops in Europe & what it means for the starch industry'.
Organicpotatostarch.com shares on 'Sustainable production of organic potato starch in the Baltic Sea Region' while Blattmann Schweiz presents on 'Working with Organic Starches & Challenges - Challenges involved in fulfilling the organic regulation to produce starches and starch derivatives'. In addition, coffee break sponsor, BENEO-Remy discusses 'Clean Label Texturizing Solutions' while Silesian Grain shares on 'Natural Specialty Flours & Functional Applications'.
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), other sessions include:
- Tailoring Food Properties: The Process Design Toolbox for Foods Rich in Starch and Protein - Buhler
- New European Regulations on Acrylamide and Innovations in Acrylamide Reduction Efforts for Potato and Cereal Based Snacks - European Snacks Association
- Replacing Modified Starch for Baking Solutions - Bakery Academy
- Developments in Pea Starch & Derivatives - Roquette
- Bio-Based MEG as an Added Value Opportunity for Carbohydrate Feedstocks - Avantium Chemicals
- Maximising the Commercial Potential of Bean Starch in Distilleries & Breweries - Arbikie Highland Estate
- How to Identify and Release High Value Food and Feed Ingredients Imbedded in Under-Utilized Protein Side Streams - Technical University of Denmark
- Culinary Innovations in Balancing Healthier Nutritional Contents with Taste & Texture - Universite de Technologie de Compiegne
Related Links :