Campaign combines creative solutions and social media to tap into today's beauty trends
BANGKOK, Oct. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- As consumers increasingly leverage social media outlets for insights on beauty trends and product advice, a brand's social presence is becoming more essential to its success. Recognizing this trend, the Dow Chemical Company's #SocMedBeauty concept collection showcases how formulations can be positioned in the social media age.
This year at in-cosmetics Asia, booth G40, Dow will display its new portfolio of prototypes for hair care, skin care and color cosmetics paired with fun, inspiring hashtags that communicate the flawless, selfie-ready effects of these products to the 3.2 billion active social media users in the world.
#SocMedBeauty Hair Care Prototypes
- #FlakeBuster: A crystal clear shampoo that provides wash and color protection.
- #FabulousTresses: This nourishing yet light-weight lotion enhances shine and the natural look of hair.
- #StyloMilo: Helps to maintain style while enhancing shine and providing frizz control.
- #GoldFairy: It is easy to apply this intense highlighter with long lasting wear.
#SocMedBeauty Skin Care & Color Cosmetics Prototypes
- #CrystalClear: Helps to gently remove makeup with rose and lavender water.
- #TimeFrozen: Reduces signs of wrinkles and fine lines using licorice and Matcha.
- #ImpeccableMe: Provides high protection against harmful UVA and UVB with unique texture.
- #InstantlyFlawless: This lotion moisturizes skin with a powdery after feel.
- #VFaceLook: A good coverage and natural-looking foundation that is also water resistant.
- #Dowlicious: A lasting peachy color that is fun to use on eyes, lips and cheeks.
"The increasing pace of digitalization continues to evolve consumer behaviors, including the way they shop, research and choose which brands to interact with," said Curt Creed, Commercial Director, Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Dow Consumer Solutions. "We look to the latest consumer trends to ensure our brand owners maintain a competitive advantage in product positioning. #SocMedBeauty demonstrates this commitment in a fun, creative engagement campaign that we hope our customers enjoy."
In addition to the launch of #SocMedBeauty, Dow will also showcase its solutions that allow consumers to:
- Experience Aging as a Blessing with AgeCap™ Smooth Cosmetic Ingredient, a novel facial care technology for age well solutions. AgeCap™ Smooth traps selectively Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) to avert their damaging effects and enhance efficiency compared to conventional anti-oxidants.
- Achieve a Soft and Silky Experience with DOWSIL™ EP-9610 Cosmetic Powder, a superior soft powder that provides a unique smooth, silky and bouncy feel with optical effect and sebum control for many applications and formulations while allowing easy processing.
- Accomplish Optimal Texture with a series of new prototypes in the Transforming Textures Program that demonstrate innovative ingredients and the intersection of global emerging trends like multicultural beauty, k-beauty and product concepts usually seen in skin care applications.
- Experience a High SPF with Superior Aesthetics and Sensorial Experience with SOLTEX™ INO Polymer, an additive technology that boosts the SPF performance of sun care products by improving the dispersion of inorganic particles like titanium dioxide (TiO2).
- Shape New Textures in Hair Styling with Rheology Modifiers; Dow offers a broad range of different chemistries to build diverse rheological modifiers for different formulation conditions.
About Dow Home and Personal Care Solutions
The Dow Home and Personal Care business (part of the Dow Consumer Solutions Portfolio) offers unique innovations that empower brand owners around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting new benefits consumers can see and feel. Our expansive portfolio serves a wide range of applications across home and personal care markets from skin and hair care to fabric care and beyond. Our novel solutions help enable products that are unique and memorable, and meet the growing demands of today's consumers. We continue to bring forward innovative technologies and formulation solutions that differentiate our customers' products, enhance the consumer experience and sustain the environment. With business centers, research and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the globe, Dow has the expertise and foundation to foster global and local innovations. Please visit consumer.dow.com for more information.
About The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow's market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com.
Related Links :