Global non-profit brands including WWF, Wings for Life, and HER Planet Earth announce partnership with the JET8 Foundation to support the movement
SINGAPORE, Oct. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 18th of October marks the launch of DENSummit 2018, a movement created by Singapore-based non-profit technology company, JET8 Foundation. Held at the National Gallery Singapore, the keynote series creates a platform to change the future of social media by building communities through decentralised engagement networks (DENs).
Under the theme Networks are Communities, this year's DENSummit brought together visionaries, philanthropists, academics and industry leaders from a host of sectors to explore the impact of DENs on business, culture, and society. Keynotes included:
- Two-time Olympic gold medallist for soccer and advocate for inclusivity, Angela Hucles, spoke on the importance of leadership in community entitled Tech Power for Introverts;
- Cognitive anthropologist Dr. Robert Donald Deutsch explored human behaviour with his talk, Helps and Hindrances in Creating Communities;
- Senta Slingerland, former Director of Brand Strategy for Lions Festivals, covered technology and social evolution with Gender Equality, at the Touch of a Button;
- Social entrepreneur and food-for-change activist, David Hertz, discussed positive social impact in A Global Social Gastronomic Movement Fostered by Local Communities;
- Paleoanthropologist and rock art researcher, Genevieve von Petzinger put things in perspective with Social Networking Paleo-style - How Community and Communication Helped Us Survive the Ice Age.
The event was hosted by Julius Wiedemann, Executive Editor of Design and Director of Digital Publications for leading global publishing firm, TASCHEN.
Victor Zabrockis, JET8 Foundation Chairman said: "Social media has been historically dominated by monolithic companies that control and own all the activity taking place on their platforms. These platforms monetise users' personal data, creative output, and social influence, whilst users earn nothing."
"Decentralised engagement networks such as JET8's ecosystem allow for a more equal distribution of value. In a JET8 community, the user is completely in charge -- of which brands or organisations they support, of their post creation, and also the sharing of their data. JET8's system is democratic, accessible, and rewarding for everyone," he added.
In line with its mission to engender a global movement to create communities of value, the JET8 Foundation additionally announced its partnerships with both international and local non-profit organisations during the Summit, including:
- WWF -- WWF sets the benchmark for building a global community of passionate supporters, having raised awareness around conservation since 1961. For WWF, DEN technology presents a new platform to connect, communicate, and advocate for the pressing environmental challenges facing the world today. The WWF app will launch in October.
- Wings for Life -- Built with the purpose of drawing the world's attention to finding a cure for spinal cord injury through the power of social influence, the JET8-powered Wings for Life app will allow anyone, anywhere in the world to share the Wings for Life campaign message with branded stickers and frames. Furthermore, every in-app like, comment, and share rewards users with JETS, JET8's in-app social currency, which users can use to make a monetary donation towards spinal cord research projects and clinical trials.
- Gastromotiva -- DENSummit keynote speaker David Hertz founded Gastromotiva, an organisation that uses the power of education, food and gastronomy as social change agents, aiming to transform lives of people in conditions of vulnerability and social exclusion. The JET8-powered Gastromotiva app will launch in October.
- Singapore Wellness Association -- Created to develop, promote and advocate wellness for the individual, society and environment, the JET8 Foundation launched Singapore Wellness Association's app, Sweet Potato, to facilitate social media campaigns that further health initiatives such as self-care, personal fitness and emotional wellness.
- HER Planet Earth -- The #HERPlanetEarth app will support a global women's advocacy movement that promotes a deeper connection between women empowerment and the integrity of the environment. HER Planet Earth is founded by JET8 Foundation advisor Christine Amour-Levar and is based in Singapore.
The JET8 DENapps will be available to download at https://apps.jet8.io/.
ABOUT JET8 FOUNDATION
With a focus on research and development, the JET8 Foundation is a non-profit, technology company that supports the global adoption of decentralised engagement networks together with mobile engagement platform, JET8.
The social media apps available on the JET8 network support authentic and organic peer-to-peer communities, that connect people around their passion points and reward them for their creativity and engagement. JET8 innovates social engagement technology with the purpose of enhancing accessibility to ensure that anyone, anywhere, has the ability to interact and earn from their social influence on a global stage.
The JET8 Foundation was founded in 2018 and is based in Singapore.
For more information, visit http://den.foundation/.
Related Links :