The first Super Brand Day by Lazada set new records - with exclusive sets sold out within minutes - and won tens of thousands of new followers for M·A·C across four countries.
SINGAPORE, Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Too many lipsticks? Evidently not among lipstick lovers! They puckered up and scored themselves great offers during a 24-hour shopping rush when Lazada, Southeast Asia's biggest ecommerce portal teamed up with global makeup brand M·A·C for the first Super Brand Day.
For one day only on Sunday, 29 July 2018 (also National Lipstick Day), consumers in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines scooped up M·A·C. X Lazada limited-edition products, complimentary lipsticks, premium packaging and themed gifts.
Earlier in the week, makeup fans in Bangkok and Manila also enjoyed an exclusive M·A·C. X Lazada consumer press event in prime locations and had the opportunity to mingle with celebrities, influencers and M·A·C's makeup artists.
Super Brand Day by Numbers
The tagline "Too many lipsticks? Never." echoed consumers' sentiment, with all top lipstick shades sold out and gifts fully redeemed in all four markets.
- Across all countries, the number of M·A·C lipsticks sold on Lazada in one day exceeded the total average sales for six months.
- Lazada-exclusive Little M·A·C Duos (mini lippie sets) were sold out within 30 minutes across all countries.
- The most popular shades in South East Asia are RUBY WOO, PLEASE ME, and VELVET TEDDY - all sold out within minutes on the M·A·C store on Lazada during Super Brand Day.
- M·A·C gained nearly 20,000 new followers to their official store on Lazada reaching highly engaged and mobile-first beauty consumers.
- The social posts and hashtags such as #MACXLAZADAMY, #MACXLAZADAPH, #MACXLAZADASG and #MACXLAZADATH and influencer activation gained more than 16 million impressions and generated more than 130,000 interactions from online social buzz.
- Six in 10 orders came from outside metropolitan cities, demonstrating Lazada's ability to help brands reach the rising middle-class in every corner of Southeast Asia.
- On the Lazada platform, M·A·C also interacted directly with thousands of customers via Lazada's new live chat function.
Lazada Platform of Choice for Global Beauty Brands
There are now over 1,000 beauty official flagship stores on Lazada across six countries, including beauty giants from the US, UK, France, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. Lazada has become one of the most active consumer engagement platforms for these renowned brands.
Lazada's Group Chief Business Officer Robin Mah said: "In the past two years, we have seen an exponential growth with brand partners on Lazada. Super Brand Day allows these brands the opportunity to engage their fans in innovative ways and reach new customers in all parts of Southeast Asia. Our first Super Brand Day in partnership with M·A·C Cosmetics was able to bring superior consumer experience through the power of our technology and platform. We look forward to building innovative experiences for our global brands and consumers through upcoming Super Brand Days."
For the latest updates, visit Lazada.com and its social media pages.
About Lazada Group
Launched in 2012, Lazada is the number-one online shopping and selling destination in Southeast Asia -- present in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. As the pioneer of the eCommerce ecosystem in Southeast Asia, Lazada has 155,000 sellers and 3,000 brands serving 560 million consumers in the region through its marketplace platform, supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions. Lazada offers the widest range of products in categories from beauty, fashion, consumer electronics to household goods, and groceries. Focused on delivering an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns through its own first and last mile delivery arm supported by approximately 100 logistics partners. Lazada Group is majority owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA).
Logo - http://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20160928/8521606183LOGO
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20180801/2201334-1-a
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20180801/2201334-1-b
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20180801/2201334-1-c
Video - https://cdn4.prnasia.com/002071/mnr/video/20180801LazadaGroup-a.mp4
Video - https://cdn4.prnasia.com/002071/mnr/video/20180801LazadaGroup-b.mp4