PETALING JAYA, Malaysia, Dec. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Asia, the leading non-governmental organization for entrepreneurship in Asia, announced 19 winners of The Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA) 2018 Malaysia held at New World Hotel, Petaling Jaya.
With the theme of 'Promoting Inclusive Economic Development Through Sustainable Entrepreneurship' this year, over 500 attendees were present at the by-invitation only event, comprising of industry leaders, leading entrepreneurs and dignitaries including Yang Berbahagia Datuk Muez Bin Abdul Aziz, Deputy Secretary General of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs; representing YB Dato' Saifuddin Nasution bin Ismail, Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs; Tan Sri Datuk Seri Dr Fong Chan Onn, Chairman of Enterprise Asia; IR Dr. Mohd Shahreen Zainoodreen Madros, CEO of MATRADE; Mr. Rizal Nainy, Acting CEO of SME Corp Malaysia; Dato' Robert Teo, Chairman of RSM Malaysia & Official Assurance Partner of the Awards; and Dato' William Ng, President of Enterprise Asia.
Dr. Fong commented, "As advocates of entrepreneurship, we believe that entrepreneurship does not only provide a compelling alternative to individuals to secure their livelihood, but also serves as an important catalyst to promote economic resilience. We want to leverage this program to recognize and honor the dedicated work done by these entrepreneurs who helped to spur economic development in Malaysia."
"This year, Enterprise Asia is spearheading the Innovation Revolution, InnovationRev movement to create an innovation ecosystem for enterprises. We will be bringing together over 400 innovation experts and business leaders in Macau on 14th and 15th of December for the International Innovation Summit and Awards 2018. This is just the beginning of the InnovationRev movement in conjunction with the release of InnoMark(TM), the International Certification for Innovation. InnoMark(TM) aims to define innovation, while providing the tool and platform for companies to showcase their innovations and rapidly commercialize them," shared Dr. Fong.
Being the most prestigious awards for entrepreneurship in Asia Pacific, APEA seeks to recognize Asia's outstanding entrepreneurs and enterprises for demonstrating sustainable growth, responsible leadership and operational excellence. This year, among the recipients of the APEA, there are 2 iconic individuals winning the Entrepreneur of The Year Award: Datuk Seri Subramaniam Pillai Sankaran Pillai, Executive Director of DMIA Group for Construction Industry, and Dato' Rosie Tan, Group CEO of Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad for Automotive Industry, respectively.
"Keep doing your work sincerely don't start expecting the result immediately," shared Datuk Seri Subramaniam Pillai after receiving the Entrepreneur of The Year Award.
Mr. Ng said, "APEA is at the forefront in promoting the convergence of innovative entrepreneurship and professional leadership. The recipients of the APEA are not only outstanding entrepreneurs and enterprises, but also demonstrated outstanding business acumen that are both sustainable and exemplary. They all uphold the highest standards of entrepreneurship, which includes allegiance to the two founding pillars of Enterprise Asia, namely Investment in People and Responsible Entrepreneurship."
The annual Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards Malaysia is now in its 12th year. This year, the committee had received 80 by-invitation only nominations in Malaysia across 24 industry categories. The award recognition program is held in 14 countries and markets each year.
RECIPIENT LIST OF ASIA PACIFIC ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS 2018 MALAYSIA
Entrepreneur of The Year
- Datuk Seri Subramaniam Pillai Sankaran Pillai, Executive Director of DMIA Group for Construction Industry
- Dato' Rosie Tan, Group CEO of Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad for Automotive Industry
- Aliza Ali, Founder & Group Managing Director of Chatime Malaysia Sdn Bhd for Food & Beverage Industry
- Dato' Dr. Jessie Tang, Founder & Group CEO of East West One Group for Agriculture Industry
- Dato' Khor Kok Seng
Director of Edaran Livall Sdn Bhd for Transportation & Logistics Industry
- Danion Lewis, Managing Director of Elizon Construction Sdn Bhd for Construction Industry
- Mandy Chew Siok Cheng, President of Lexis Hotels & Resorts Sdn Bhd for Hospitality, Food Services & Tourism Industry
- Matt Tan, Group President of Mattan Engineering Sdn Bhd for Renewable Energy Industry
- Christine Lee, Managing Director of Medi-Life (M) Sdn. Bhd for Medical Supplies Industry
- Dato' Dr. Joseph Lee Chia Sze, Director of OAE Builder Sdn Bhd for Construction Industry
- Dato' Toh Jing Hong, Managing Director of Rian Heng Wooden Furniture Industries Sdn. Bhd for Furniture & Wood-Based Manufacturing Industry
- Datuk Lily Lim, CEO of RJ Realty Sdn Bhd for Property Development Industry
- Samuel Lee, Founder & Managing Director of True Academy (M) Sdn Bhd for Education & Training Industry
- Joe P, Chief Executive Officer & Founder of TrueLifesciences Holdings Sdn Bhd for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry
Corporate Excellence Category
- Aspen Group for Property Development Industry
- Deleum Berhad for Oil & Gas Industry
- Fortesys Distribution Sdn Bhd ("Fortesys") for Telecommunication & ICT Industry
- MSE Dotnet Sdn Bhd for Telecommunication & ICT Industry
- UMMI Surgical Sdn. Bhd for Medical Supplies Industry
PR Newswire is the official regional news distribution partner of Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2018.
About Enterprise Asia
Enterprise Asia is a non-governmental organization in pursuit of creating an Asia that is rich in entrepreneurship as an engine towards sustainable and progressive economic and social development within a world of economic equality. Its two pillars of existence are investment in people and responsible entrepreneurship. Enterprise Asia works with governments, NGOs and other organizations to promote competitiveness and entrepreneurial development, in uplifting the economic status of people across Asia and in ensuring a legacy of hope, innovation and courage for the future generation.
Launched in 2007 the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards are the region's most prestigious awards for outstanding entrepreneurship, continuous innovation and sustainable leadership. The Awards provide a platform for companies and governments to recognize entrepreneurial excellence, hence spurring greater innovation, fair business practices and growth in entrepreneurship. As a regional award, it groups together leading entrepreneurs as a powerful voice for entrepreneurship and serves as a by-invitation only networking powerhouse. The program has grown to encompass thirteen markets all over Asia.
For further information, visit www.enterpriseasia.org/APEA.
Related Links :