Schneider Electric's Ecoflair Indirect Air Economizer Delivers Flexible and Efficient Cooling for Large and Hyperscale Data Centers
- Configurable, modular design provides greater customization
- Moves cooling from the data center floor to the facility exterior, freeing up valuable white space
- Offers 15-20 percent greater efficiency when compared to legacy systems
SINGAPORE, Oct. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the Ecoflair™ Indirect Air Economizer cooling solution, which reduces cooling operating costs by 60 percent when compared with legacy chilled water or refrigerant technologies. Designed for roof-top or on-grade deployments, Ecoflair moves cooling from the data center floor to the facility exterior, freeing up white space for IT equipment.
Available in 250kW and 500kW modules, Ecoflair's flexible design features:
- Customization options based on cooling requirements and environmental/climatic conditions
- Modular construction simplifies deployment and installation, increased serviceability and lowered maintenance costs.
- Tubular design prevents fouling caused by cooling water residue buildup common with plate-style heat exchangers, minimizing maintenance and impact to performance.
- Full polymer construction eliminates the risk of corrosion when wet or exposed to the elements
Ecoflair can also achieve efficiency gains of 15 to 20 percent when compared with other indirect air economizer systems, providing the following energy-saving benefits:
- Less energy required for cooling means data center operators can increase IT load with the same electrical infrastructure. Studies conducted by Schneider Electric have shown as much as 30 percent more IT can be supported with the same electrical backbone when compared to typical cooling topologies like chilled water or direct expansion (DX).
- Alternately, reduction in overall CapEx due to a smaller electrical infrastructure requirement. Schneider Electric estimates the CapEx savings can be as much as 6 percent when downsizing the electrical backbone due to the lower total power demand resulting from using Ecoflair.
For more information on the Ecoflair Indirect Air Economizer, please contact your local Schneider Electric representative and download this brochure.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
- Interactive model: Ecoflair Air Economizer
- Whitepaper: High Efficiency Indirect Air Economizer-based Cooling for Data Centers
- Whitepaper: Economizer Modes of Data Center Cooling Systems
- Blog: For Large Data Centers, Indirect Economizer Cooling Makes Sound Business Sense
Burson-Marsteller for Schneider Electric