Successful brands spend an average of 69% of their budgets on TV and digital channels combined
October 16, 2018ACN Newswire
WARC releases Media Allocation Benchmarks report
Average media allocation across WARC case studies by year chart
LONDON, Oct 16, 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, has today released the latest edition of its Media Allocation Benchmark report, identifying the typical budget split of highly successful campaigns.
Using its database of effective advertising campaigns, WARC has analysed close to 840 case studies between 2009 and 2017 that contain budget and media allocation information for TV, digital, print, out of home/experiential and other media.
Some key findings included in the report are:
- Successful brands have spent an average of 69% of their budgets on television and digital channels combined over the 2013 - 2017 period.
- The biggest determinant of media allocation is the size of the budget. Successful, prize-winning low-budget campaigns are highly digital-focused. At high budget levels, TV takes up more than 60% of a prize-winning brand's advertising investment.
- Media allocation varies by sector. Categories with low budgets, such as government and not-for-profit, are highly digital-led, as are transport and tourism; a category where consumers increasingly purchase online.
- The food category has the most concentrated media investment profile. Prize-winning food campaigns allocated 81% of their budgets to TV and digital combined.
Commenting on the findings in the report, Amy Rodgers, Research Editor, WARC, says: "Gaining the right balance of TV, which delivers reach, and digital, which supplements reach and aids activation, is a critical component of media allocation. The findings suggest that, when extra budget is available, it is often invested in TV."
A sample of WARC's Media Allocation Benchmarks report is available to download on https://content.warc.com/read-media-allocation-benchmarks-report-2018-sample. The report in full is available to WARC subscribers on https://www.warc.com/content/article/Media_allocation_report/110231.
- Your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence, insights and data from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, advertisers, market analysts and academics.
WARC runs two global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Media Awards, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
WARC publishes three global rankings of advertising excellence: Gunn 100 (creativity), WARC 100 (effectiveness), Gunn Media 100 (media innovation) and publishes leading journals including Admap, Market Leader, the Journal of Advertising Research and the International Journal of the Market Research Society. In addition to its own content, WARC features advertising case studies and best practices from more than 50 respected industry sources, including ARF, Effies, Cannes Lions, ESOMAR and IPA.
Founded in 1985, WARC has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore. In June 2018 WARC was acquired by Ascential plc, the global specialist information company.
Amanda Benfell PR Manager +44 20 7467 8125 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.acnnewswire.com