- Premium Asian automotive parts manufacturer selects INEOS Styrolution's new Terblend® N GF reinforced grade for real wood garnish panel in automotive interior
- New Terblend N grade offers easy molding and good adhesion with real wood shell, good impact strength and good dimensional stability
- INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics continues to offer customized high quality solutions for the automotive interior industry
SINGAPORE, Nov. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A premium Asian automotive parts manufacturer focusing on producing parts using real wood garnish turned to INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, for a customized real wood garnish panel used in automotive interior. The parts manufacturer had been using locally compounded material for this application but was faced with issues including low dimensional stability and warpage from the locally sourced materials, as well as low supply reliability from the local suppliers.
Customized real wood garnish panel application in automotive interior using INEOS Styrolution’s Terblend(R) N NG-03
INEOS Styrolution's Terblend® N NG-03 is a newly developed glass fiber reinforced grade that offers easy molding and good adhesion with real wood shell, good dimensional stability required to keep different module parts together, as well as good impact strength, making it the ideal material for this real wood garnish panel application. This grade had also passed head impact testing for automotive interior parts, fulfilling the parts manufacturer's requirements in terms of aesthetics, functionality and safety.
- Material of choice for processing, design and aesthetic: The Terblend N product line is comprised of blends of ABS with polyamide. It combines excellent impact strength and chemical resistance with high melt flow and good acoustic dampening, making it an ideal styrenic for automotive original equipment manufacturers looking for a matte finish and coloring capabilities in applications, such as loudspeaker grills, column covers, seat covers and venting devices.
- Special solutions for customized automotive interior applications: Due to their high surface polarity, Terblend N grades are ideal for partially decorated parts which are processed via hot stamp decoration or in-mold coating. Furthermore, partially glossy and partially matt surfaces can be easily combined. In addition, Terblend N grades exhibit excellent adhesion to polyurethane (PU) while also delivering high impact strength and good processability, such as for head rests. Terblend N NG-03 is a glass fiber reinforced grade ideal for structural parts like overhead console applications due to its high stiffness, good dimensional stability and less warpage after injection molding.
- An exclusive as well as a universal solution: Not only the automotive industry continues to turn to innovative styrenic materials to advance innovation and performance as it relates to quality and design. Terblend is a trusted material with excellent property retention also used, for instance, in the household industry.
"Apart from real wood garnish panel in automotive interior, Terblend N NG-03 can be used for many other automotive interior applications, for instance, overhead console and defrost nozzle," comments SungBeom Park, Asia Pacific Lead, Automotive, INEOS Styrolution. "Other blends of Terblend N are used for applications like loudspeaker grills, seat covers, or venting devices, depending on the respective requirements."
About INEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including Automotive, Electronics, Household, Construction, Healthcare, Toys/ Sports/ Leisure and Packaging. In 2016, sales were at 4.5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,200 people and operates 16 production sites in nine countries.
More information: www.ineos-styrolution.com
Hui Boon Kwa
Senior Communications Manager, Asia Pacific
INEOS Styrolution APAC Pte Ltd
111 Somerset Road
#08-16 to 19 TripleOne Somerset
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171115/1993416-1