Veritas ranked highest for "strategy" among all vendors in report
SINGAPORE, Oct. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Veritas Technologies, a leader in multi-cloud data management, today announced that it has been named a leader in the September 2017 report, The Forrester Wave™: Data Resiliency Solutions, Q3 2017. The report analyzed data resiliency solutions that "go beyond data protection and recovery." Specifically, the report evaluated seven vendors based on 39 criteria, including Strategy, Market Presence and Current Offering.
Veritas received the highest scores of any vendor within the Strategy category and the Scalability criteria. Additionally, Veritas received the highest scores possible in both the Technology Partners, and, Resellers criteria. Veritas also received among the highest scores in the Manageability criteria as well as the Set Up and Implementation criteria.
"When it comes to data management, backup and recovery is just the beginning," said Mike Palmer, executive vice president and chief product officer, Veritas. "Organizations require visibility into their data across complex multi-cloud environments, protection against catastrophic outages or ransomware attacks and the ability to meet stringent compliance regulations. Today, customers are solving these challenges through our 360 data management platform. We are delighted to be cited as a leader in this report."
According to the report, Veritas "has a well-rounded strategy for the 360 data management platform to serve enterprise data resiliency requirements." The report also states that "Veritas Information Map helps firms create a single global view of important metrics like data center locations, storage capacity, protected data types, existing capacity, utilization levels, data ownership, data age, and cost to help customers that want to optimize their tech spending."
To download a full copy of The Forrester Wave™: Data Resiliency Solutions, Q3 2017, click here.
The timing of this report comes as Veritas has just introduced a wave of new innovations to the Veritas 360 data management portfolio that takes data protection, visibility, storage and choice to the next level. Specific advancements announced at the Veritas Vision conference include:
- Protect new workloads with ultra-fast efficient storage on-premises and in the cloud with Veritas NetBackup™ 8.1
- With Veritas NetBackup CloudCatalyst, available today, customers can deduplicate data into the cloud and consolidate into a single copy, shrinking the size of that data nearly three times faster 1 than alternative solutions in the industry. Once duplicate copies are removed, customers can then store data in the cloud at potentially much lower costs while making no physical changes to the network.
- With NetBackup Parallel Streaming, customers can quickly protect in-demand, cloud-based, scale-out NoSQL workloads and applications, such as Hadoop and Cassandra, a process that with others, often takes extensive amounts of time. This offering is available today.
- Taking data visibility mainstream with Veritas Information Map™
- Information Map provides customers with real-time insights and an interactive view of their data assets. Veritas is extending that data visibility with connectors for 23 new data sources for both on-premises and cloud-based data storage repositories. This broad visibility, available in the coming quarters, helps ensure compliance with strict data regulations around the world, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Making software-defined storage "smart" with Veritas Cloud Storage
- This storage solution enables customers to apply analytics, machine learning and classification technologies to stored data, which can help customers extract much greater value from their data, delivering better business outcomes and exceptional customer experiences. This solution is available in the coming quarters.
- Delivering choice, integrated data protection and optimized storage through new appliances
- With the Veritas Access Appliance, enterprises can easily replace outdated or sub-optimal storage, including tape storage, with a simple, long-term, cost-effective integrated offering that combines the Veritas Access software with pre-tested and configured hardware in an easy to consume form factor. The device can also be used as an internal cloud to store other unstructured data at a low cost. This solution is available in the coming quarters.
- With the Veritas NetBackup 5340 appliance, available in the coming quarters, customers can enjoy all the benefits of NetBackup 8.1 in a reliable, high-performance integrated appliance, as well as the ability to scale and easily protect tens to hundreds of petabytes. Additionally, customers can dramatically reduce planned and unplanned downtime with high availability configurations that help ensure system availability and redundancy to meet the most demanding data center service level agreements (SLAs).
1 Source: Veritas internal benchmark testing in 2017 that compared NetBackup CloudCatalyst with competitive backup software
Veritas Technologies empowers businesses of all sizes to discover the truth in information -- their most important digital asset. Using the Veritas platform, customers can accelerate their digital transformation and solve pressing IT and business challenges including multi-cloud data management, data protection, storage optimization, compliance readiness and workload portability -- with no cloud vendor lock-in. Eighty-six percent of Fortune 500 companies rely on Veritas today to reveal data insights that drive competitive advantage. Learn more at www.veritas.com or follow us on Twitter at @veritastechllc.
Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change at the sole discretion of Veritas. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Veritas, may or may not be implemented, should not be considered firm commitments by Veritas, should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions, and may not be incorporated into any contract.
Veritas, the Veritas Logo, and NetBackup are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Belinda LimCorporate CommunicationsVeritas Technologiesfirstname.lastname@example.org
Mizu Chitra / Eugene WeeText100 Singaporeemail@example.com