- Free SIM cards (500M data included) available at Narita International Airport [Exclusively for Hong Kong and Taiwan]
TOKYO, Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- WAmazing Inc. (CEO: Ms Fumiko KATO, Location: Minato-ku, Tokyo) have been providing applications "WAmazing" to tourists from Hong Kong and Taiwan during their stay in Japan on iPhone. With enthusiastic responses, we are delighted to announce the Android version.
"WAmazing" is an application that allows users to register and collect free SIM cards which provide free internet services within Japan.(1) Users may also make hotel reservations through the application in order to earn extra data. The iPhone version has been providing the free internet service for 5 days to each customer. However, starting from 14 August, 2017 the period of the free internet service will be extended to 15 days, valid in both iPhone and Android versions.
(1) At the moment, the free SIM card can be collected from the 4 free SIM card vending machines, located at Narita International Airport Terminal 1, 2, and 3. With the free SIM card, users can enjoy 500MB of free internet service for 15 days. In the coming future, the number of airports where the free SIM card vending machine is available is expected to increase.
Vision and mission of WAmazing
In 2016, visitors to Japan from Hong Kong and Taiwan exceed 6 million per year. Alongside providing free internet service which is highly demanded, WAmazing aims to provide opportunities of exploring the attractiveness of Japan by posting sightseeing information from all over Japan, to enhance the travel experience in Japan.
WAmazing free internet service (Free SIM card)
- SIM cards with 500MB data are now available at Narita International Airport free of charge. (Valid for 15 days, extendable.)
Using the NTT docomo LTE/3G network, users can enjoy internet service wherever in Japan.
- Users may purchase additional data when needed.
If the initial 500MB is not enough, users may purchase additional data in the application anytime. Price: 500MB/JPY 999, 1GB/JPY 1,499, 1.5GB/JPY 1,999 (without tax).
The WAmazing Hotels reservation service
- Large numbers of hotels available
Instant reservations can be made for over 10,000 hotels. There will be the best fit of hotel on offer.
- Price guarantee
For reservations that are more expensive then by using other reservation services, the difference in prices will be refunded. (Terms and conditions apply.)
- Extra data for hotel reservations
Depending on the reservation's amount, extra data will be provided free.
Extra data of 1GB for reservations over JPY 25,000, and 0.5GB per additional JPY 25,000.
- Hotel reservation service is only available in Android version as at the day of publish.
- Hotel reservation service is expected to be open to iPhone users in Early September.
- Location of Free SIM vending machines at Narita International Airport
Terminal 1: 1F International Arrival Lobby North Meeting Point (A), South Meeting Point (B)Terminal 2: 1F International Arrival Lobby Zone A next to Chiba Bank Currency Exchange Counter (C)
Terminal 3: 2F Departure Lobby next to the Information Counter (D)
- Procedures of collecting the free SIM card
Install the WAmazing app before departure in Hong Kong or Taiwan, and finish the registration.
- [Scanning the QR code at the vending machine]
After registration, a QR code will be issued in the application. Please collect the SIM card by scanning it at the Free SIM card vending machine at Narita International Airport.
- [Collecting the box with the SIM card]
In the paper box, the following is included:
- SIM card
- Pin for changing SIM cards
- Adaptor for converting nano SIM to micro SIM
For any enquiries, please contact:
Person in charge (Japanese): Mayu YAMASHITA
Person in charge (Chinese): Yushun KIMURA
email address: email@example.com
For further details, please visit https://apps.wamazing.jp