Japan's largest ski resort booking service launches 11/20 Release celebration campaign! 500 users will receive free lift passes
TOKYO, Nov. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- WAmazing Co. Ltd. (Representative Director/Company President: Fumiko Katou, Head office: Minato, Tokyo, below as "WAmazing") offers the WAmazing smartphone app service targeted towards visitors to Japan from Taiwan and Hong Kong. By using the WAmazing app, international visitors to Japan can receive a free 15 days SIM card from international airports for internet access within Japan. As of Monday, November 20, 2017, WAmazing will release "WAmazing Snow", a service that offers information about Japanese ski resorts and online bookings for lift passes, snow recreation passes, equipment rental, and lessons. WAmazing offers a new way for visitors from Taiwan and Hong Kong, countries which don't see snowfall, to enjoy their winter vacations in Japan. This service offers lift passes for skiers and snowboarders at popular Japanese ski resorts at a discount of up to 30%. We also offer foreign language ski and snowboarding lessons*, as well as snow recreation passes to ski resorts that allows visitors to enjoy the Japanese snow at locations accessible as a day trip from Tokyo and Osaka.
To celebrate the launch of this service, the first 500 applicants will receive a free lift pass that can be used at 22 ski areas in the Aizu area, which boasts some of the best quality of snow in the world.
WAmazing aims to expand services further in East Asia while offering opportunities for visitors to enjoy even more pleasant trips to Japan.
* Foreign language = Both English and Chinese classes are offered
- What WAmazing Snow Seeks to Accomplish
Japan has the second highest number of ski resorts in the world (according to the 2017 International Report on Snow & Mountain Tourism), and the quality of the snow is completely different depending on the area, even though they are all located in the same country. Another major advantage is that many ski resorts are located relatively close to major cities. The number of foreign visitors to Japan has been rising steadily, reaching 24.04 million people in 2016. In addition, the Tourism Vision to Support the Future of Japan (decided by the Abe Cabinet on March 30th, 2016) sets targets of 40 million foreign tourists in Japan in 2020, and 60 million foreign tourists in Japan in 2030, making tourism a growth industry that is also gathering attention as a means of regional revitalization. However, the majority of foreign visitors to Japan tend to stay on the so-called Golden Route, comprising Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto, which limits the areas that benefit from the economic spillover effects of tourist spending. This is why WAmazing, which provides internet connections that are much in demand by foreign tourists for free, will be starting a service that capitalizes on Japan's winter tourism content, by providing promising information on ski resorts in Japan, such as Japan's winter tourism content, and allowing users to book and purchase lift tickets, snow activity tickets, rentals and online lessons. WAmazing hopes that this will help foreign tourists to truly appreciate the beauty of the four seasons in Japan, as well as potentially valuable tourism resources, so that they will be able to enjoy amazing tourism experiences not only in major cities, but in various areas throughout Japan.
What tourists can do with WAmazing Snow
- Service start date: November 20, 2017 (Monday)
- Targets: Primarily visitors to Japan from Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Service details:
- Offers detailed information about 140 Japanese ski resorts
- Offers online reservation and purchase of lift passes, lessons, equipment rental, snow recreation passes, and other services at a maximum 30% discount at around 40 popular Japanese ski resorts.
- Examples of ski resorts that allow online reservation/purchases
- GALA Yuzawa Ski Resort (75 minutes by bullet train from Tokyo. Resort is located immediately outside the station. A ski resort with great access.)
- Karuizawa Prince Ski Resort (A high ratio of clear days, excellent for photography. Great access at only 60 minutes by bullet train from Tokyo. Shopping is available at the Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza, making this a ski resort with twice the fun.)
- HAKUBA VALLEY Area Ski Resort (An authentic ski resort that Japan presents with pride to the world.)
- Naeba Ski Resort (Biggest slopes in Japan. This ski resort offers a variety of activities that kids and adults will enjoy.)
- Hakodateyama Ski Area (Recommended for those coming from Kansai Airport. Great access, only 80 minutes from JR Osaka Station. Enjoy a ski day trip at this resort.)
- Furano Ski Resort (A Hokkaido ski resort that offers world class snow quality and plenty of variation that can be enjoyed from beginners to experts.)
- Visitors can show their exchange vouchers found on "My Page" on the WAmazing Snow app on their smartphone screen at the ski resort to exchange for tickets.
- Users can search for, reserve and pay for accommodation in Japanese ski resort areas. (Available in mid-December.)
- Service URL's:
- WAmazing Snow Launch Celebration Campaign
- Start date: 11/20 (Monday) 12:00 to 12/10 (Sunday) 23:59
- Gift details: The first 500 applicants will receive free lift tickets that can be used at 22 ski resorts in the Aizu area, which are located comparatively close to Narita and Haneda Airports and boasts international class snow quality.
- How to access:
- 1. WAmazing Snow user registration.
- 2. Click on a ski resort with the "Free Lift Ticket" mark on the Aizu area page below.
- Taiwan: https://tw.wamazing.com/snow/searches/prefecture/fukushima
- Hong Kong: https://hk.wamazing.com/snow/searches/prefecture/fukushima
- 3. Click the "Buy & Now" button on the ski resort page.
- 4. After choosing a free item, click the purchase button to go to the member registration screen.
- 5. After member registration is complete, enter the full name of the representative user, the number of children and adults, the day(s) of use, and press the "purchase" button.
- Important notes:
- Maximum 4 purchases of free lift passes per person.
- The promotion will end when tickets run out.
- List of Aizu area ski resorts are offering free lift passes
*AIZU Ski Area List
- About the WAmazing Ap
- Targets: Primarily visitors to Japan from Taiwan and Hong Kong. (Future expansion of target areas is planned.)
- Supported OS: iOS (iPhone) and Android. (*App is only available for download in Taiwan and Hong Kong.)
- Service details:
- "Free SIM loan" provides optimal internet access to international visitors to Japan free of charge.
- "Travel agent function" offers reservation, arrangement, and purchase support services during Japanese trips.
- Provides free SIM service at each airport.
- Domestic airport list of WAmazing SIM card receiving machines
- Narita International Airport
- Chubu Centrair International Airport
- Kansai International Airport
- Mt. Fuji Shizuoka Airport
- Sendai International Airport
- Aomori Airport
- Hiroshima Airport
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171117/1995976-1-a
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171117/1995976-1-b
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171117/1995976-1-c
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171117/1995976-1-d
Photo - https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20171117/1995976-1-e