Childcare abuse case: At least two more police reports lodged against NTUC First Campus

SINGAPORE - A mother, who only wanted to be known as Mrs Loh, said that she sends her sends her 2 1/2-year-old son to the childcare centre and was present at a briefing for parents on Monday morning. About 10 parents went for the briefing, and two of them had lodged police reports against NTUC First Campus, said the 37-year-old who is self-employed and runs an online art and craft business.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Here is the update from Stomp:

Four more parents have complained about the NTUC My First Skool centre in Toa Payoh.

According to a report in Lianhe Wanbao, the complaints came after a video came to light of a school teacher who handled a 3-year-old boy roughly.

Some of these parents said their children had scratches, and another child kept waking up in the middle of the night. There were even two parents who lodged police reports.

Yesterday, video footage sent in by various STOMPers shows a boy at a Toa Payoh childcare centre being dragged to a corner, then slammed on the ground by a teacher.

The Ministry of Social and Family Development is investigating the alleged abuse case at the NTUC My First Skool childcare centre in Toa Payoh.

The boy's shin was fractured after the alleged abuse.

The Straits Times reported that the 51-year-old teacher was arrested for allegedly mistreating a three-year-old child by dragging him across the floor and pushing him onto the ground last Friday.

Lianhe Wanbao visited the childcare centre this morning and found about 10 parents attending a briefing there.

A parent told The Straits Times that two of these parents had lodged police reports against NTUC First Campus.

"Their kids had bruises and scratches on them, so the parents decided to make police reports so that police would investigate to see if these are cases of abuse," she said.

Another parent who wished to remain anonymous told Lianhe Wanbao that the parents at the briefing seemed agitated.

Two fathers said they had made police reports over the weekend after news of the first case broke. They checked they children and found bruises on their hands and legs.

14 children were absent from the 45-child playgroup this morning.

Visit STOMP for more stories.

Woman abuses child at Toa Payoh childcare centre
Click on thumbnail to view (Photos: Internet screengrabs)