CHINA - A video of a 64-year-old woman from Sichuan, China being rescued by firefighters after her hair got stuck in a hair massager has gone viral.
According to ITN news, she was trying to soothe a pain in her neck and sat down for what she thought would just be a relaxing massage.
She ended up spending two hours in that position after her hair became entangled in the two rollers of the neck massager - all the way up to her nape and against her scalp.
Her family cut off chunks of her hair in an attempt to free her. It did not work, and they resorted to calling the local fire brigade.
Upon reaching the scene, they found the woman sitting on the floor with the massage machine on top of her head, and hair scattered all around her.
They were left with no choice but to slowly and carefully dismantle the device to free the woman.
Reports say she only suffered some swelling to her head.