SINGAPORE - A second person has died of dengue this year. The Ministry of Health and the National Environment Agency said yesterday that the victim, a 60-year-old man, lived in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3.
This comes after Mr Ang Yong Han, 20, died from dengue shock syndrome on May 29.
There have been over 9,100 dengue cases so far this year. The Ministry of Health told My Paper that less than 30 per cent of all dengue cases were admitted to public hospitals this year. Dengue patients now occupy 1.5 per cent of all public hospital beds on any given day.
Get My Paper for more stories.