Ting Sie Bing calls himself a retiree.
He moved to Sitiawan, Perak, to live a quiet life some 10 years ago.
But Ting, who created Malaysia's first crossword boardgame Sahibba and property trading boardgame Saidina in the 1970s, does not idle around.
He stays in touch with friends and keeps up with the news.
The 79-year-old man likes nothing better than to meet up with friends for chats.But on most days, he would head for the beach, a half hour's drive away from his home, to enjoy the sea breeze.
"I go to the Lumut Esplanade three to four times a day and walk for an hour on the beach," he said, adding that he finds it relaxing to be close to nature.
Walking and breathing clean air is one of his routines for ageing well.
Ting always wears a hat to keep his head warm. "I also like to wear a sweater so that I sweat during exercise," said Ting who has resisted switching to a smartphone as he prefers to call rather than send text messages.
Ting still drives and makes the three-and-a-half-hour trip from Sitiawan to Kuala Lumpur to visit his 40-year-old son, Ted Sun, and family.
His son left his architecture practice to take over his boardgame and indoor game business a decade ago.
Recently, Ting was inspired to make a list - an A-to-Z guide to active living.
He tries to live his life by these keywords wherever possible - fresh air, daily exercise and even cuddling a cat!
- Active. Alive. Achievements. Accomplishments.
- Burdenless. Botherless. (And keep off Business and Busybodies.)
- Carefree. (Keep a Cat - or dog - as your best friend.)
- Desire. Determination. (To live actively.)
- Eat nutritiously (to live a healthy life).
- Fitness. Frequent exercise.
- Green living.
- Happy and Humorous every Hour.
- Interact (to keep in touch).
- Joyful always.
- Karma. Kindness.
- Laugh loudly. Be Lively.
- Motivate yourself.
- Needs and Necessity over new and nice.
- Open mind. Open heart.
- Preventive ageing (is better than cure).
- Quality and Quantum of eight hours' deep sleep nightly.
- Relax. Recreate. Rejuvenate. Make every day a Renewed day.
- Smile and Smile Sincerely without suspicions.
- Time for Today and Tomorrow.
- Unafraid. Unfearful. (Of ageing).
- Walk for Well-being and Well-balanced life.
- Xystus stroll (garden stroll) for leisure and pleasure.
- Yoga for youth.
- Zappy, happy and healthy.