More students sick after inhaling chemical

ALOR SETAR - A total of 28 students from SMK Seri Pantai in Kuala Kedah here were admitted to hospital after inhaling fumes believed to have come from a gas leak.

The incident was the second that occurred at the school since last week.

The latest incident occurred when the students were at the school compound at about 8.30am yesterday.

The students were sent to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital for treatment.

The hospital's Emergency and Trauma Department chief Dr Fatahul Laham Mohamad said the students are being warded for two days for observation.

He said the hospital viewed the case seriously since the incident was the second that occurred at the school.