Chicken Cioppino with Cellophane Noodles Serves 4
|Canola oil||1 tbsp|
|Cellophane noodles, dry||200g|
|Cherry tomatoes, halved||30g|
|Chilli padi, chopped||3 – 4 pieces|
|Free range chicken breast, sliced||480g|
|Lime juice, fresh||15ml|
|Kaffir lime leaf||2 pieces|
- In a stock pot, add canola oil and lightly stir-fry shallot, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, chili padi and lemongrass.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Remove the foam that forms on the surface.
- Add the roselle flower, lime leaf, coriander roots and beetroot.
- Simmer the broth then add chicken and poach for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove them once they are cooked through.
- Strain the broth and season to taste.
- In a separate pan, stir-fry the mushrooms and tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Deep-fry cellophane noodles until crispy.
- Garnish the chicken breast with shallot, carrot, celery, shimeji mushroom, cherry tomatoes and beetroot. Pour broth over the chicken and top with crispy cellophane noodle.
Recipe contributed by Roslan Bin Abbas, chef at Parkway East Hospital