Are you having trouble making ends meet? You can rent out a room in your house to help out with your finances, but consider whether it is something you can do comfortably.
Renting out a room means you will lose some privacy. You have to get used to the idea of someone else using your furniture and perhaps even using your kitchenware.
How to rent out a room in your house
1) Decide which room to rent out. It can be unfurnished, partially furnished or completely furnished.
2) Make sure it is as clean and homey as possible so that the tenant will feel at ease.
3) Consider whether you want to offer the use of your kitchen and appliances. What about laundry facilities?
4) Will you be providing meals for the tenant? or will he purchase his own groceries and cook his own meals? You will then have to allocate a space in your refrigerator for him.
5) Agree on the rules of the house. Do you allow cooking in the kitchen after 10pm? Should your tenant have overnight guests?
6) Be considerate towards your new tenant.
7) Living with a stranger can mean problems now and then. Communicate frequently so that issues are nipped in the bud.