Content Strategist (News / Lifestyle)
We are seeking a content strategist for our News or Lifestyle vertical at AsiaOne.
Your job is to find the juiciest talk of the town, from various corners of society. You must be comfortable combing the darkest corners of the internet and scouring the darkest alleys in Singapore, producing content that dominates our readers’ watercooler conversations.
You will be responsible for curating from our various content partners, yet have an eye to package content into informative and engaging pieces that are accurate yet easy to read.
You are required to work with diverse types of content writing, including newswriting, feature writing, scripting for videos, copywriting and advertorials.
You are someone who keeps up with the latest social-media news and trends, and are required to have strong writing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
- At least 1-3 years of practical newsroom experience
- Cover general news, interviews and events
- Write reviews, features and opinion pieces from time to time
- Curate the content slate on the website
- Produce multi-media multi-platform content packages
- Strong news sense and able to determine what your audience likes
- Excellent English language proficiency with a distinctive wit and flair
- Understands analytics
- Able to work under tight deadlines and occasionally at night, on weekends and on Public Holidays
- Bonus if you possess any of these skills: basic photography, Adobe Photoshop or video production
- Can read and speak a second or third language
- Social-media savvy and plugged into the latest local and regional news cycle
- Degree in Communications / Journalism or a related field
- This is an on-site position. Your attendance in office is required.
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to email@example.com