(ISC)² Announces 2016 Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Honorees
HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - Jul 12, 2016 - (ISC)²® today announced the honorees for its tenth annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (Asia-Pacific ISLA® ) Program . (ISC)² will recognize 35 honorees and announce four showcased workforce initiatives, as well as a community service star special recognition at a gala dinner and ceremony on July 26, 2016 at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, Bangkok, Thailand. Concurrently, (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC , co-hosted with the Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA), Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) of Thailand and (ISC)2 , in partnership with Image Engine Pte. Ltd. will be held July 25-26 at the same venue.
The guest of honor, Surangkana Wayuparb, Executive Director and CEO of Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA) of Thailand, together with (ISC)2 executives, will celebrate the workforce achievements of top information security professionals from the Asia-Pacific region.
David Shearer, CEO, (ISC)² says , "It is the tenth time that we will be recognizing and celebrating the outstanding, but arduous, work done by the cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. This year, we received many top-notch nominations from the entire Asia-Pacific region. We believe that many in the industry support the mission of Asia-Pacific ISLA to commend the great work of the heroes and heroines in this industry. I would also like to extend my deepest appreciation to our Asia-Pacific Advisory Council (APAC) and all the members of this year's Nomination Review Committee for their perseverance and hard work to continue this program into its tenth anniversary."
The 2016 honorees are as follows:
In the information security practitioner category:
1. Kai Chi Chang, Section Head of Network Security Data, National Center for Cyber Security Technology & Institute for Information Industry (Taiwan)
2. Joyce Fan, CISSP, CSSLP, Vice-Chairperson (Membership & Constitution), Professional Information Security Association (Hong Kong)
3. Kosetsu Kayama, CISSP, Cyber Defense Center Manager, Fujitsu Limited (Japan)
4. Kyu-ho Lee, CTO, Secuve Co., Ltd (Korea)
5. Wayne Wei-Wen Liu, CISSP, CISA, CGEIT, Senior Information Security Manager, Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (China)
6. Vijay Luiz, CISSP, CISA, Secretary, (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter (Singapore)
7. Dr. Ching-Hao Mao, CCSK, OCPJWCD, SCJP, Section Manager, Institute for Information Industry (Taiwan)
8. Moshiul Islam Mishu, CISSP, CISA, CFE, Security Engineer, Augmedix (Bangladesh)
9. Phannarith Ou, Director of ICT Security, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications (Cambodia)
10. Syed Zafar Saeed, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IT Security Architect, Avaya (India)
11. Jumpon Suwanphahu, CSSLP, SSCP, Security+, Consultant, ACIS Professional Center Co., Ltd. (Thailand)
12. Tony Tsai, LPI Level 1, Encase I/II, ISO/IEC 17025, Manager of Digital Forensics Center, Acer CyberCenter Services, Inc. (Taiwan)
In the senior information security professional category:
1. Dongkeun Choi, Director, CISO, CPO, LOTTE Card Co., Ltd. (Korea)
2. Shin-ichi Fuchigami, CISSP, SSCP, CCAI, Vice-President, International Information Technology Business College (Japan)
3. Chen-che Hsu, SSCP, CEH, CHFI, Engineer, Chunghwa Telecom (Taiwan)
4. Albert Hui, GXPN, GREM, CRISC, Principal Consultant, Security Ronin (Hong Kong)
5. Dr. Mingu Jumaan, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D, Director, Sabah State Computer Services Department (Malaysia)
6. Hisashi Kasahara, CISSP, Adviser, Security Business Promotion, NTT Electronics Corporation (Japan)
7. Dr. Hamed Khiabani, CISSP, GPEN, GCFA, Security Operations Manager, Experian (Malaysia)
8. Koshi Kobayashi, CISSP, ISSJP, Manager, NEC Management Partner, Ltd. (Japan)
9. Chan Lee, CISO, CJ Corporation (Korea)
10. Otto Lee, CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, Chairperson, Professional Information Security Association (Hong Kong)
11. Anthony Lim, CSSLP, CCSP, Senior Cybersecurity Advisor, Asia Pacific, Frost & Sullivan (Singapore)
12. Indranil Mukherjee, CISSP, ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor, CISA, Managing Director, Singapore ISC Pte Ltd./ ISC GloBal (Singapore)
13. Todorovic Vladan, M.Sc., Founder, Advanced Security Technologies Asia Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
14. King Cheung Kelvin Wong, Officer, Hong Kong Police Force (Hong Kong)
In the managerial professional for information security project(s) category:
1. Raul Paolo Miranda, CISSP, CITPM, Masters in CIO Practices, Membership Director, (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter (Singapore)
2. Seungwoo Nam, CISO/CPO, NH Bank (Korea)
3. Kumpol Sontanarat, Director of ICT Department, Securities and Exchange Commission (Thailand)
4. Victor Yeo, CISSP, QISP, Deputy General Manager, ST Electronics (Info-Security) Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
5. Suk Jin Yun, Partner, EY Han Young (Korea)
In the information security educator category:
1. Dato Dr. Norbik B. Idris, Professor, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (Malaysia)
2. Dr. Heejo Lee, Professor, Korea University (Korea)
3. Hung Leung, Senior Lecturer, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Chai Wan) (Hong Kong)
4. Prabath Lakmal Rupasinghe, MBA, CISSP, CISA, Senior Lecturer/Consultant, SLIIT (Sri Lanka)
The 2016 (ISC)² Asia-Pacific ISLA Nomination Review Committee is comprised of members of the (ISC)² Asia-Pacific Advisory Council and previous Asia-Pacific ISLA honorees. For details about the members of ISLA 2016 Nomination Review Committee, please visit https://www.isc2.org/asia-pacific-isla-nomination-review-committee/default.aspx .
Concurrently, (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2016, will take place July 25-26 at Centara Grand at CentralWorld in Bangkok . For more information and to register for (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC, please visit apaccongress.isc2.org.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP® ) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 115,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation -- The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM . For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org , follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook .
© 2016, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CCSP, CAP, CCFP, HCISPP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.