Boy injured after mini-fan explodes in hand

File photo of a mini fan.
PHOTO: The Straits Times

Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported that a primary pupil in Seberang Perai, Penang, suffered minor burns on his right wrist after a mini fan he was using suddenly explo­ded at about 10am on Monday.

A relative said the boy had brought the gadget to school because the weather was unbearably hot.

"The school allowed pupils to bring portable mini fans to school and the boy's parents bought him one. We never expected the battery compartment to suddenly explode.

"He has been using the fan for some time. He was lucky as the fan was not near his face when it exploded," said the relative.

Since the incident, the school headmaster had prohibited the use of mini fans.

VIDEOS TO WATCH

SERVICES