Canteen operator in Malaysia arrested for daily rapes of young Indonesian worker since 2016

SIBU - A 43-year-old canteen operator has been arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping his Indonesian worker on a daily basis since November 2016.

Sibu OCPD Asst Comm Stanley Jonathan Ringgit said on Monday (April 2) that the man was picked up from his home on Sunday (April 1) following a police report lodged by the 20-year-old Indonesian.

He added that the Indonesian was staying with the suspect and other workers and had been working with the suspect since Oct 2016.

ACP Jonathan said that in all incidents the suspect would rape the victim when his wife and two children were not at home and added that in the most recent incident, the suspect called the victim to his room and slapped her face when she refused sex.

"She finally gave in as she feared of being assaulted by him," he added, and said that the suspect would give the victim pills to prevent pregnancy after each incident.

The suspect was produced at the magistrate's court here on Monday, where he was remanded for four days to assist with the investigation under Section 376 of the Penal Code for rape.