Couple who allegedly molested female employees used fake identities

Nikkie Tan and Brenda Tan.

KUALA LUMPUR - The couple who allegedly molested and took nude photos of two female employees had rented a premises to live and do business in under a fake identity.

Sentul OCPD Asst Comm R. Munusamy said checks revealed that the pair had rented the unit at Fortune Perdana, Kepong, under a false name and MyKad number.

"When we received the report from the two victims, we immediately went to the premises but it was cleared out.

"We traced the real estate agent involved in renting the place to them and got hold of the contract.

"When we checked the name and MyKad number listed, we found it to be false," he told reporters yesterday.

He said both suspects, believed to be involved in an online business, have been remanded to help with investigations.

The couple - a 34-year-old man and his 28-year-old wife - were sought by police following a police report lodged against them last week by two employees who claimed that they were beaten up, sexually assaulted, and had their nude photos taken by the suspects and their accomplices.

ACP Munusamy said the woman turned herself in around 4.30pm while her husband reported to the Sentul police station nearly four hours later on Tuesday, a day after their alleged crime was highlighted following a press conference by MCA Public Services and Complaints Department chief Datuk Seri Michael Chong.

The man, who uploaded a video clip onto his Facebook page to claim his innocence on Tuesday, said his biggest mistake was to take pity on the women who came from Ipoh and Penang in search of a living. He claimed to have offered them jobs and accommodation.

He, however, denied all allegations made by the victims.

It was reported that the victims - who only wanted to be known as Tan, 24, and Lee, 28 -had secured the jobs as web marketing administrators in April only to find that the company was involved in online gambling activities after they turned up for work.

On May 7, after the company lost some RM18,000 (S$6,000) in the games, the employers had accused them of stealing the money.

In an attempt to force them to cover the losses, the employers and their accomplices allegedly beat them up, used a taser gun on them and even forced one of them to strip naked and had her pictures taken before forcing her into a room and sexually assaulting her.

On Monday, the victims sought help from Chong after they were blackmailed by the suspects who threatened to expose their nude pictures if they failed to pay them back.