Japanese couple 'electrocuted' in KL apartment

MALAYSIA - The bodies of a Japanese couple were found in the bathroom of their apartment in the Mont Kiara area of Kuala Lumpur.

City CID chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Ku Chin Wah said a housekeeper found the bodies of the married couple, both aged 38, in the 13th floor apartment unit around 10am.


"We believe the husband was electrocuted while taking a shower.

"His wife heard the noise in the bathroom and came to his aid but was also electrocuted," he said when contacted on Monday.

The man was naked while the woman was fully clothed, reported Malaysia's The Star. It is believed the water heater short-circuited, leading to the electrocution.

SAC Ku said the case has been classified as sudden death.

"The bodies have been sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for post-mortem," he said adding that police would be taking the statement of the housekeeper.

Get The New Paper for more stories.