KUALA LUMPUR - An apartment block in Mont Kiara, which was the scene of two gruesome incidents, made headlines again when a Japanese couple were found dead in their bathroom.
Foul play has been ruled out as the couple were believed to have been electrocuted.
It is learnt that the housekeeper discovered the bodies of the married couple, both aged 38, at about 10am yesterday at the 13th-floor apartment.
City CID chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Ku Chin Wah said the wife heard a noise in the bathroom and came to her husband's aid but was also electrocuted.
"The bodies have been sent to Kuala Lumpur Hospital for post-mortem.
"The case has been classified as sudden death," he said yesterday.
In July 2007, the dismembered body of Singaporean businessman Goh Yoke Seng was discovered in a refrigerator that had been sealed with masking tape.
A man, who had bought the unit in an auction, discovered the body when he went to clean the place located on the 19th floor.
The unit had been vacant for more than three months before the man discovered the body.
The same apartment block was also the scene of a fire in which the son of a top police officer was killed a few years ago.
The 22-year-old son of former Commercial Crime Investigation Department director Comm Koh Hong Sun died after an explosion at their 32nd-floor apartment unit in July 2009.