Lorry driver found Baby Freddie alone and tired

Baby Freddie safe in the arms of his mother Sarah after he was found in Taman Tasik Titiwangsa.

KUALA LUMPUR: It was lorry driver Hamid Md Isa who first found Baby Freddie at a park, some 20km away from Bangsar where the boy was kidnapped 19 hours before on Friday.

The boy was walking alone in Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, said Hamid, 57, who was passing the area at about 12.20pm Saturday.

Hamid, who retired from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, said he led the boy to the edge of a field for a rest. The boy was clad in a green shirt and white pants. Taxi driver Haris Mohd Nor, 48, who was also in the vicinity bought some crackers and a packet drink for the boy.

"I just read a newspaper report that a boy was abducted. I could not believe that he is that boy.

"When I approached him, he kept quiet but was not that scared. He looked very exhausted," Haris told Bernama when met at the scene.

The police arrived shortly at the scene and took Freddie to the Jalan Tun Razak police station.

In the 6.10pm incident Friday, the boy was abducted by a man and a woman who arrived at the boy's house in a white Toyota Camry and grabbed him from his mother, British language teacher Sarah Joseph.

Joseph, 38, was feeding Freddie at the porch when the man burst into the house and snatched him away.

Bernama deputy editor-in-chief of Domestic News Service, Datuk Zakaria Abdul Wahab, who happened to be at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa said he informed the General News Desk of the finding.

He said he was on the way home after exercising in the park when he saw a group of people surrounding a boy.

"I sensed that the boy was the one abducted yesterday as he did not look local. I phoned and send his photograph to a Bernama reporter to verify if he was that boy."

The Bernama reporter then sent the photograph to a friend of the boy's mother who confirmed that it was him.

The police was informed and they arrived at the park and took Freddie to the Jalan Tun Razak police station.