Man hurt in vape device blast

A TRADER has sworn off vaping when the device exploded before it even touched his lips. He ended up with six stitches.

Salleh Awang Hat, 33, told Berita Harian that he had turned the vape on Thursday night, wanting a puff.

He said the incident took place a day after his wife gave birth to their first child.

"I am grateful it did not hit my face. The blast, however, burnt my lips and face."

"I am also glad that it exploded before I took a puff.

"Otherwise, it would have been like having a gun shot in my mouth," he said.

Salleh said he did not do any modification to the device, adding that he bought quite an expensive vape.

VIDEOS TO WATCH

SERVICES