Missing MH370: All who checked in 'boarded flight'

Missing MH370: All who checked in 'boarded flight'

KUALA LUMPUR - Yet another speculation on the missing plane was debunked on Tuesday.

This time it was Malaysia's Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar's turn to rebut another government official's claim that five passengers had checked in but did not board the flight.

Mr Khalid said every passenger who had booked a ticket for the flight had boarded the plane, liberal news portal Malaysian Insider reported.

Mr Khalid was then asked why his statement contradicted that of the Department of Civil Aviation, which had earlier claimed that there were five passengers who had not boarded MH370.

He said: "I did not issue any statement earlier about any passenger who checked in but failed to board the flight.

"I am now revealing the latest findings made by our investigating team led by CID director Hadi Ho Abdullah."

Director-general of Civil Aviation Azharuddin Abdul Rahman had previously said that the baggage of the five passengers had been removed prior to take-off as part of standard operating procedure.

"The only person who did not board MH370 was a woman who had mistook the dates and called the airline to cancel her booking," Mr Khalid was quoted as saying.

Director-general of Immigration Aloyah Mamat said its probe had revealed no irregularities or security lapses.

She told reporters that both individuals in possession of stolen Austrian and Italian passports had entered Malaysia on February 28.

"The immigration officers who checked their passports had acted in accordance with the department's standard operating procedure," she said.


Get The New Paper for more stories.

More about

MH370 passengers
Purchase this article for republication.
Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.