KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya says the passenger flight manifest of MH370 has been handed over to the police to enable them to check their backgrounds.
He declined to comment whether any of the passengers had flight experience.
Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said Malaysia would not hold back information that could help locate the missing aircraft.
He also said that Chinese intelligence and authorities had been requested to relook the passenger list involving their citizens. He added, however, that Malaysia has a responsibility to not release any information until it has been verified by the international investigations team.
"This responsibility is not only to the families (of those on board) and to the investigation but also to the search and rescue operation," he said in his media briefing yesterday on the investigation and search of MH370 that went off the radar while flying to Beijing on March 8.
"It would be irresponsible to deploy substantial assets merely on the basis of unverified and uncorroborated information," he said.
Hishammuddin said he had to address the issue as there had been speculation that Malaysia had held back information about MH370's movements.
"For the families, I understand that every day prolongs the anguish.
"I understand because Malaysia, too, is missing its sons and daughters," he said.